The Student Room Group

France vs Uruguay Friday 3pm

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S.G.
Muslera’s always been error prone.

To be fair the ball bends significantly late on, leaves him stranded way past the flight of the ball.

Always going to be difficult to parry / catch the ball when you can't get your body behind it and you are fighting against your own momentum.
Well here is the Suarez incident that happens every 4 years I think
Now, this is not nice to see. Looks like the pressure is getting to the players. Mbappe is to be blamed here too.
Despacito!
Mbappe is overrated. Sorry, but someone has to say it, he's got very little technical ability. Even Hazard was better at that age.

Don't compare him to Messi. It's disrespectful.
Yeah, he can pick out passes but he's not even close to people like De Bruyne or even Messi at 19
I do think that VAR delays allow these situations to get more out of hand as the ref can't calm things down to diffuse the situation.

France let themselves get very wound up there.
Reply 47
Who wants to talk about uruguays creative midfielders?
Reply 48
Original post by rhaegar449
Mbappe is overrated. Sorry, but someone has to say it, he's got very little technical ability. Even Hazard was better at that age.

Don't compare him to Messi. It's disrespectful.

Yeah you chatting rubbish.

He's a striker on the wing firstly and look at the goals he scored at this age. This guy is 19

Also I'm pretty sure you did not watch de Bruyne at genk at 19 too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bj27
Yeah you chatting rubbish.

He's a striker on the wing firstly and look at the goals he scored at this age. This guy is 19

I'm not saying he's bad. He's a world class player. But you people throw around GOAT status like it's nothing. He's not currently set to be one of the greats. He's always had a strong team around him too.
Reply 50
I'm not saying he's bad. He's a world class player. But you people throw around GOAT status like it's nothing. He's not currently set to be one of the greats. He's always had a strong team around him too.

He ain't the goat yet but he's 19.

Also Messi and Ronaldo have played in the top 3 teams of all time and they're considered the goats. Ronaldo hasn't actually had great technical ability or close control either.

Maybe the performance levels of a player is dependent on the team they play for? Who knew football involves 11 players
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bj27

Also Messi and Ronaldo have played in the top 3 teams of all time and they're considered the goats. Ronaldo hasn't actually had great technical ability or close control either.

Maybe the performance levels of a player is dependent on the team they play for? Who knew football involves 11 players

Agree 100%.
Hopefully Belgium vs Brazil will be more entertaining.
a great save keeps france ahead.. and then a shite save sends them through.

Not sure cavani would have made that much of a difference.

but then I didn't see the Portugal game.
Off to the semis, are France! Vive le France!
Original post by bj27

Also Messi and Ronaldo have played in the top 3 teams of all time and they're considered the goats.

You're missing the point. Messi, Ronaldo, and other top tier players showed way more technical ability and natural finesse than Mbappe has at that age. If you dont have it you dont have it. Age doesnt matter.

Messi literally played false 9 with Pep Guardiola and won so many trophies for the club. Ronaldo again was the main striker.

Mbappe isnt on track to become the GOAT.
That was one of the sh*ttest games so far. How disappointing.

France aren't good imo. They'll probably lose to Brazil or Belgium.
Reply 57
Original post by mojojojo101
To be fair the ball bends significantly late on, leaves him stranded way past the flight of the ball.

Always going to be difficult to parry / catch the ball when you can't get your body behind it and you are fighting against your own momentum.

Still his fault and should be regulation for any keeper without concussion.
Reply 58
You're missing the point. Messi, Ronaldo, and other top tier players showed way more technical ability and natural finesse than Mbappe has at that age. If you dont have it you dont have it. Age doesnt matter.

Messi literally played false 9 with Pep Guardiola and won so many trophies for the club. Ronaldo again was the main striker.

Mbappe isnt on track to become the GOAT.

Ronaldo had people complaining about his flicks and tricks and being ineffective with the ball with his showboating.

Messi was 23 when he played false 9. Mbappe is 19.

Ronaldo started playing as a striker regularly under ancelotti aged 28 and only became a full striker under Zidane aged 31.

I see the point I just choose to ignore it as its a point as its devoid of logic.
Reply 59
That was one of the sh*ttest games so far. How disappointing.

France aren't good imo. They'll probably lose to Brazil or Belgium.

Uruguay conceded 1 goal this tournament prior to this lol.

Belgium almost got knocked out by Japan, Brazil have been equally as functional as France this entire tournament. The same game Brazil played vs Costa Rica who used the same tactics.

I think Brazil are the strongest team btw, but they haven't been any better than France.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest