The Student Room Group

West Suffolk FY1

Just got offered an F1 job in west Suffolk hospital. Anyone who has worked there care to Share their experience ?

My rotations are general surgery , AMU and urology ?. Are these generally considerd good rotations ?, I’m Only
Doing FY1 for the learning experience , as I have a full licence to practice already (IMG)
Reply 1
Yea I guess It is a bit difficult but to define good in this context. I want to do something on the internal medicine side -, potententially even GP. But surgery is definitely not for me.
WSH is probably one of the best hospitals you could pick for F1/F2. It’s friendly, small, extremely supportive and quite quiet but still has a good range of specialties and good staff thanks to being on the Norwich/Cambridge rotation path. You’ll get to know everyone, everyone will get to know you and you’ll never lack for somebody to call if you need help, but equally will get opportunities to take responsibility when you are up to it. The Consultants are generally good and care about their juniors, and it’s pretty chill 99% of the time.

TL;DR West Suffolk is small and in an awkward location, but an awesome place for first years of training, cannot recommend enough.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
WSH is probably one of the best hospitals you could pick for F1/F2. It’s friendly, small, extremely supportive and quite quiet but still has a good range of specialties and good staff thanks to being on the Norwich/Cambridge rotation path. You’ll get to know everyone, everyone will get to know you and you’ll never lack for somebody to call if you need help, but equally will get opportunities to take responsibility when you are up to it. The Consultants are generally good and care about their juniors, and it’s pretty chill 99% of the time.

TL;DR West Suffolk is small and in an awkward location, but an awesome place for first years of training, cannot recommend enough.

Sounds like a great place to work. I would prefer working in a quieter area as I have grown up on the countryside. Very tempted to accept but the only issue is It’s about 200 miles from where I live. Oriel is putting out job offers tomorrow and I will likely get something within a 100 miles of where I am. I did really like the vibe of The doctor from my west Suffolk interview , and definitely feel like it would be a well supported job.
Just unsure if I should take my chances on something closer
Reply 4
Yea!, can always count on the people on this forum for solid advice. How’s neurology treating you, hope it’s all going smoothly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending