Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just got offered an F1 job in west Suffolk hospital. Anyone who has worked there care to Share their experience ?

My rotations are general surgery , AMU and urology ?. Are these generally considerd good rotations ?, I’m Only
Doing FY1 for the learning experience , as I have a full licence to practice already (IMG)
Anonymous #1
Yea I guess It is a bit difficult but to define good in this context. I want to do something on the internal medicine side -, potententially even GP. But surgery is definitely not for me.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
WSH is probably one of the best hospitals you could pick for F1/F2. It’s friendly, small, extremely supportive and quite quiet but still has a good range of specialties and good staff thanks to being on the Norwich/Cambridge rotation path. You’ll get to know everyone, everyone will get to know you and you’ll never lack for somebody to call if you need help, but equally will get opportunities to take responsibility when you are up to it. The Consultants are generally good and care about their juniors, and it’s pretty chill 99% of the time.

TL;DR West Suffolk is small and in an awkward location, but an awesome place for first years of training, cannot recommend enough.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
WSH is probably one of the best hospitals you could pick for F1/F2. It’s friendly, small, extremely supportive and quite quiet but still has a good range of specialties and good staff thanks to being on the Norwich/Cambridge rotation path. You’ll get to know everyone, everyone will get to know you and you’ll never lack for somebody to call if you need help, but equally will get opportunities to take responsibility when you are up to it. The Consultants are generally good and care about their juniors, and it’s pretty chill 99% of the time.

TL;DR West Suffolk is small and in an awkward location, but an awesome place for first years of training, cannot recommend enough.

Sounds like a great place to work. I would prefer working in a quieter area as I have grown up on the countryside. Very tempted to accept but the only issue is It’s about 200 miles from where I live. Oriel is putting out job offers tomorrow and I will likely get something within a 100 miles of where I am. I did really like the vibe of The doctor from my west Suffolk interview , and definitely feel like it would be a well supported job.
Just unsure if I should take my chances on something closer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Cool! If you need help with CMT application or MRCP there are lots of us on this forum with the experience.
Yea!, can always count on the people on this forum for solid advice. How’s neurology treating you, hope it’s all going smoothly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.76%

Watched Threads