The Student Room Group

Thank you email sent to Oxford for rejecting me

Scroll to see replies

I think it's fine what you did. You were frustrated, and an email like that isn't going to hurt anyone. Can I know what grades you got, what course you applied for and what other achievements you had?
Reply 21
Original post by Carlos_
The requirements at Glasgow for Spanish students going to study at undergraduate level was a 14 in high school. TWO people in the entire COUNTRY got a 14.000/14.000 this year. It seems they changed it after the application deadline

Its very difficult to convert grades from one country to another. There are to many differences.
The competition is so tough, a very low proportion of people who apply get an interview. It's most likely nothing personal - or maybe you just weren't good enough!

Also, about your anxiety - of course you can't blame something that is undiagnosed for an underperformance. As harsh as it might sound, everyone who messed up could claim to have had a "panic attack" as there's no way you can disprove it really. If your anxiety causes you that much of a problem in your life, get a diagnosis so that it won't hold you back in the same way again.
Reply 23
Original post by colourtheory
This!

OP -

I have a BA and an MSt from Oxford, that latter graded at distinction - and yet I can't find a job.... Oxford is an amazing achievement, but there are so many factors that will shape your experience of life... make the best of your current situation, enjoy university, and take comfort in the knowledge that rejection is inevitable!

What subject are your degrees from Oxford in? Why can’t you get a job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending