The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/Postgrad economics Oxford 2023

Hello everyone, I just wanted to start a separate thread for the MPhil in economics and possibly the other postgrad economics courses for 2023 now that the application window has closed. Best of luck to all!

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer??? That was quick
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Was it a formal offer or an "informal" offer? Asking because I got an email like 10 minutes ago saying that it was an informal offer and that I would get a proper one next week
Original post by DaneForEcon
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Congrats! Unconditional? That was very quick, when did you apply?
Also just received the informal offer mail for MPhil in Economics! It doesn´t say if its unconditional or not. I had applied just before the January Deadline, my last reference was submitted January 19th.
Reply 5
Wow they're coming in hot now then! Did you all apply for the January deadline then? I only applied for the March one. Well done to you all.
Original post by kzfc
Was it a formal offer or an "informal" offer? Asking because I got an email like 10 minutes ago saying that it was an informal offer and that I would get a proper one next week

yes, informal!
Reply 7
yes, informal!

I got an informal offer about half an hour ago too. I was worried it was a scam email originally lol. Well done everyone :smile:
Well done you all!! The mail address it was sent by does look fishy, but I guess the domain seems right. (right?) ((someone just asked me by direct message but I can´t reply directly because my profile is too new to send direct messages))
Be proud of yourselves!
Reply 9
Which deadline did you all apply for?

Original post by JohnMaynardHayek
Well done you all!! The mail address it was sent by does look fishy, but I guess the domain seems right. (right?) ((someone just asked me by direct message but I can´t reply directly because my profile is too new to send direct messages))
Be proud of yourselves!
Got an informal offer too applied Jan deadline
Original post by JohnMaynardHayek
Be proud of yourselves!

haha it's definitely real since it links to a pretty authentic video posted 2 weeks ago
Congrats to you all! Have you applied to MPhil only or MPhil + DPhil? Did the infamous upload button disappear beforehand?
Reply 13
Original post by WilliEcon
Congrats to you all! Have you applied to MPhil only or MPhil + DPhil? Did the infamous upload button disappear beforehand?

Just the MPhil. Im gonna sound out of the loop but what's the upload button? I've heard about this happening but I never found out what it was since I wasn't expecting to hear from Oxford for a few more weeks.
Original post by aos22
Just the MPhil. Im gonna sound out of the loop but what's the upload button? I've heard about this happening but I never found out what it was since I wasn't expecting to hear from Oxford for a few more weeks.

Congrats again! Would you mind sharing your profile / GRE? Applied to the MPhil only as well - feedback anxiety going through the roof now haha

Re upload button. People in the general postgrad thread noticed that when you log in to the portal —> application details —> supporting docs, there is an upload button for additional docs which disappears once a decision has been made
Congrats to those who have received their unconditional offers.

Are all the conditional offers for the first deadline (Jan) already being sent out - as a single batch or is it still ongoing? If anyone might know. Thanks.
Congrats again! Would you mind sharing your profile / GRE? Applied to the MPhil only as well - feedback anxiety going through the roof now haha

Re upload button. People in the general postgrad thread noticed that when you log in to the portal —> application details —> supporting docs, there is an upload button for additional docs which disappears once a decision has been made

You applied by the Jan deadline too? I submitted mine on 10 Jan but I have yet to receive any news.
Original post by anony123sg
You applied by the Jan deadline too? I submitted mine on 10 Jan but I have yet to receive any news.

Yep, applied Jan 16 - no news yet
Yep, applied Jan 16 - no news yet

Argh, I hope we'll get some news at least. I assume that the informal offers being sent out aren't conclusive and indicative of a singular batch of the pool who applied for the Jan deadline?
Does anyone know if with the official offer there is already a College included, or does that come at a later point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending