The Student Room Group

MSAP

Is there anyone sitting for MSAP in September? What is the chance of passing the assessment? I really want to Start Uni.this year. What should I expect in the test?
I sat it last month and found out this week that I passed (getting the exact break down of scores Friday).

There are three sections; the English paper (everyone sits) and then either the social sciences or maths & science papers. The English paper is pretty easy - write two short essays in an hour. To prepare all you need to do is re-learn how to write an essay (I watched a few YouTube videos and did about 6 timed practice essays).

I sat the maths and science and, to be totally honest, it was a living nightmare. I'm not saying this to frighten you because I honestly have come to believe that they don't expect anyone to score highly on it. There wasn't enough time to read the questions and and formulate an answer. I think its all about proving that you won't get flustered with complex information. I sat every practice paper I could find, re-learnt long division, multiplication tables and sequence analysis...and I need not have bothered. The practice papers are worth doing to get into the right head space but the content will not be anything like the actual exam. Don't worry about it and just do what you can.

For more info you can see our existing thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5405416&p=78762782&page=4#post78762782

Or feel free to PM me with any questions.

Quick Reply