The Student Room Group

Maths higher>>mocks!

I joined top set in year 10, do you think there is a chunk of higher knowledge ((that I missed that could not secure me a 9 or 8)) which could be useful for my mocks to study from the past years??

For example shall I look back and study at some year 9,8 higher maths APs or any topics?
all the required knowledge is within the GCSE specification

you need to practice A LOT to get the top grades GCSE is not necessarily a test of mathematical understanding
Original post by Searcher1
I joined top set in year 10, do you think there is a chunk of higher knowledge ((that I missed that could not secure me a 9 or 8)) which could be useful for my mocks to study from the past years??

For example shall I look back and study at some year 9,8 higher maths APs or any topics?

Most probably not and if it does emerge that there are a few small gaps then you'll see it when you start to do revision for your mocks and your actual exams.

You could try a set of past papers to check where you are now and see if there's anything you need to work on.

P.S. You probably shouldn't make multiple threads asking the exact same question.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest