The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton 2024 Assessment Centre

Hey guys, I have just received confirmation of me passing the case study and potentially moving onto the case study (date not decided).
Could someone possibly share their experience in a recent Grant Thornton AC, what it entails, and any tips?

Much appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahibr7
Hey guys, I have just received confirmation of me passing the case study and potentially moving onto the case study (date not decided).
Could someone possibly share their experience in a recent Grant Thornton AC, what it entails, and any tips?

Hi, Ive also applied to GT and just got told ive passes case study,
have they given you a date of when the AC will be or just told you theyre considering your application?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Isabellmalik
Hi, Ive also applied to GT and just got told ive passes case study,
have they given you a date of when the AC will be or just told you theyre considering your application?:smile:

Congrats! I’ve literally only gotten the email when I posted this (24th Oct). They haven’t given me a date yet and said they’re considering for the AC.
Congrats! I’ve literally only gotten the email when I posted this (24th Oct). They haven’t given me a date yet and said they’re considering for the AC.

Same here! hoping we get dates soon :smile:
what service line did you apply for ?
Reply 4
Original post by Isabellmalik
Same here! hoping we get dates soon :smile:
what service line did you apply for ?

I’m sure they’ll be in touch within a week or two, I’m hoping anyway haha. I applied for Tax services in London wbu?
Same here and saw someone got the AC invitation email instead of the consideration one.
Reply 6
Original post by Delioffer88
Same here and saw someone got the AC invitation email instead of the consideration one.

I just did mine it wasn't alot tbh but defo go over GT vIalues!
UPDATE:
Just found I passed and got the final interview if anyone wants to know how it goes feel free to ask!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ma937
UPDATE:
Just found I passed and got the final interview if anyone wants to know how it goes feel free to ask!

Hey. I am currently in the case study part of the graduate application process. If you could share any information or tips, I would truly appreciate it. 😊
Reply 8
Original post by LuciaMaina
Hey. I am currently in the case study part of the graduate application process. If you could share any information or tips, I would truly appreciate it. 😊

My number one tip is to get the Grammarly add on for your browser as this saved me, some ppl got rejected just because they missed a few full stops so don't be 1 of those types of people!
Secondly don't stress ,Ik this is easier said than done but you only have around 20-25 mins so split your time so you don't feel overwhelmed (I spent 20 mins reading and forgot to write which probs made me slip but the more time the better).
Lastly, be confident Ik u got this and just go in with a good mindset, let me know how it goes wishing the best 👍
Reply 9
Original post by ma937
My number one tip is to get the Grammarly add on for your browser as this saved me, some ppl got rejected just because they missed a few full stops so don't be 1 of those types of people!
Secondly don't stress ,Ik this is easier said than done but you only have around 20-25 mins so split your time so you don't feel overwhelmed (I spent 20 mins reading and forgot to write which probs made me slip but the more time the better).
Lastly, be confident Ik u got this and just go in with a good mindset, let me know how it goes wishing the best 👍

Thank you so much. I will let you know how it goes and congrats on your progress☺️
Reply 10
Original post by LuciaMaina
Thank you so much. I will let you know how it goes and congrats on your progress☺️

No worries and gooluck, thanks preapring for my interview rn!
Reply 11
Original post by ma937
No worries and gooluck, thanks preapring for my interview rn!

congrats on the interview! Can I ask which role you have applied for?
Reply 12
Original post by Hokuto25
congrats on the interview! Can I ask which role you have applied for?

I applied to real estate tax and thanks!
Original post by ma937

UPDATE:

Hi I’ll have the AC this week and I am wondering what kind of topic/ question will be covered?

Thanks and congratsss
Reply 14

Hi guys, on 27th November 2023 I received an email from GT stating that they are considering me for the assessment center & I have passed the case study. However, I haven’t received any update regarding the AC yet. I tried sending them an email asking for it but haven’t received a response yet. I have applied for January 2024 intake so I’m assuming that the ACs would already be taking place right now for that position. I am not sure what is my application status. Could someone help me as to how else can I reach out to the HR team either via phone call or any alternative emails regarding my query? Thank you
Original post by ma937
UPDATE:

How was your AC? I got an email for group discussion? what to expect from it, and what should i be preparing?
Reply 16
Original post by theenigma_
How was your AC? I got an email for group discussion? what to expect from it, and what should i be preparing?

it was goood tbh. Tbh it straight forward just a group discussion on a fictional business u don't need ant prep for It tbh
Original post by ma937
it was goood tbh. Tbh it straight forward just a group discussion on a fictional business u don't need ant prep for It tbh

Okay thank you. What kind of business topics to look at to prepare for the case?
Reply 18
Has anyone applied to the transfer pricing graduate role and been invited to a group exercise?
Reply 19
Original post by ma937
UPDATE:

How was the case study? Could you please tell me what it was about

Quick Reply

Latest