The Student Room Group

Science

What kind of stuff would you need to revise for science?
If you're talking about content then look at your syllabus (a quick google, e.g. "Cambridge iGCSE Sciences Syllabus" will give you this) and revise everything on there. You could also just go through the textbook as if it's the right edition, it'll have everything you need there.

For science in particular, make sure to know your experiments (method, results, equipment - the whole lot) as well as the techniques you'll need (e.g. how to draw a graph for each subject - is there a line of best fit, etc.?). Also revise how to answer specific questions (e.g. what are the differences between questions that ask you to 'describe' and 'explain'?) and draw diagrams (sharp pencil and so on).

For further advice, I'm sure your teacher would be happy to help if you ask them.

Hope this helps, and good luck :smile:
Revision guides are the best as no needless waffle and only the stuff u need to know.
Learn your experiments and the scienctifc process I.e scientists do peer review and stuff (this always comes up and is really annoying)
Answer questions, past exam papers, your school exercise book if you’ve been taking good notes,
Definitely agree on learning the practicals. I found this the best for that: https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/35d9e7b0-1dfb-11e8-b5b7-7546c70e1a36/section/d4b63940-1e02-11e8-b5b7-7546c70e1a36
And then just go down the specification, and work through it, ticking off stuff as you learn it. I also highlighted the topics I found hardest, so that I spent more time on these before ticking them off.
Important to practise your diagrams and the equations. Especially in chemistry, you can get a lot of marks from being good at the equations and physics you just need to know all of the equations and how to use them!

Quick Reply

Latest