The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Anyone want to give up a room on campus? Pls contact me

Hello, i am a first year and i did not receive an offer for accommodation on campus, and desperately do not want to live off campus. Thank you
Reply 1
I think you should contact the Student Accommodation team and tell them that you really don't want to live off campus and that you're willing to take any room on campus.

I haven't gotten my accommodation offer yet but I feel very similar to you and am crossing my fingers that I'm not offered off-campus accommodation.

Out of curiosity, when did you apply for accommodation, and what room types did you choose? Also, did you check any of the boxes that might narrow down your accommodation options?

I chose Barnes, Lindsay, and The Oaks ensuite rooms as I really value that extra space and the bathroom, and also because I know there are lots of rooms of each available so thought it'd increase the chance of me getting offered what I want. Also I didn't check any of the boxes.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Yeah ive called them and they said that there are no more accommodation offers being handed out as of yet as all of them have been taken up. So i'm desperately seeing if there is anyone whod like to live off campus instead as it is far far cheaper, my course is just very demanding and will require me to stay on campus.
I think they still allocate until September time, I imagine they might hand out some more offers around results day as people may change unis/don't meet the grades etc. Fingers crossed for you both!
Original post by dwkranger
Hello, i am a first year and i did not receive an offer for accommodation on campus, and desperately do not want to live off campus. Thank you

Original post by dwkranger
Yeah ive called them and they said that there are no more accommodation offers being handed out as of yet as all of them have been taken up. So i'm desperately seeing if there is anyone who'd like to live off campus instead as it is far far cheaper, my course is just very demanding and will require me to stay on campus.
Accommodation offers are still given out at the end of August and beginning of September. @dwkranger, what they told you on the phone is misleading. "All of them have been taken up" does not mean there are no rooms left. It simply means that they won't be giving anyone offers right now, I expect them to do so a week or two after results day like last year. @dwkranger, when you say you're a first year, is that first going into second. Or a 2018 fresher? If the latter, I wouldn't be too worried. If you're already a student here then the application process for current students to get a room here next year finished months ago.

Quick Reply

Latest