The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship 2019 applicant thread-

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
And what subjects ?
Reply 101
Predicted. I'm just surprised though because the entry requirements are ABB which is by far the highest for any apprenticeship I have seen.
Original post by zm98
I have little experience too in coding although they are open too people with little experience. I just guess you have to be honest but open to learning. Are those grades you’ve already achieved or predicted ?
Reply 102
Hmmm yeah I was thinking. I got AAB. How was your video interview. Mine was a bit waffley haha. I’m still hoping I get invited to the in person interview though. Well done for getting this far.
Reply 103
Thanks I appreciate it and hope you get through. In all honesty I can’t remember my video interview as I’ve done so many now haha but it was waffley. In all honesty after doing more research I’m not sure if this apprenticeship is for me but il go to the interview and hopefully that changes my mind.

By the way the interviews are scheduled for the end of April and start of May so hopefully you should hear back from them before then.
Reply 104
Thanks I appreciate that bro. I’ve only applied to a few haha should have applied for more. But this one was a good fit for me, I think I do well there. Let’s just hope haha. All the best
Original post by zm98
Thanks I appreciate that bro. I’ve only applied to a few haha should have applied for more. But this one was a good fit for me, I think I do well there. Let’s just hope haha. All the best

Hey Are these apprenticeships ur first choice and if not what degree did u apply for at uni?
Reply 106
Got an interview with the Goldman Sachs one , anyone else ?
Reply 107
Original post by G.D.R
Got an interview with the Goldman Sachs one , anyone else ?

Yep what dates yours
Reply 108
Original post by benm71
Yep what dates yours

I booked mine for 30th April 12-15, just scared, its 3 hours long
Reply 109
Original post by benm71
Yep what dates yours

Whens yours ?
Reply 110
Original post by G.D.R
Whens yours ?

Mines on the 30th and in the morning. And I would try not to stress if I was you as long as you prepare you should be fine. Saying that the fact that there’s 3 interviews is quite daunting haha.
And here I am, still nothing from GS. :biggrin:

Good luck with the interviews guys.
Reply 112
Original post by Petrich0r
And here I am, still nothing from GS. :biggrin:

Good luck with the interviews guys.

There’s still plenty of time until the interviews and I only got invited yesterday so you still have a good chance.
Reply 113
Hello

Original post by Saleh2715518197
Hi, since applying to apprenticeships are sort of still a very new thing to most I thought I’d make a thread so we could all help each other and check if we apply for similar apprenticeships and if anyone gets interviews etc before others and what their experience was.

Anyone’s welcome and current apprentices advice would be highly appreciated I just thought this would be useful to current applicants to deal with worries.

I am planning on applying mainly to the digital and technological solutions degree apprenticeship with Maybe also applying to the chartered manager degree apprenticeships. Both starting hopefully in late 2019.

Just a quick introduction- I’m doing A-level biology, English language and sociology. And got A,B,A.

I have seen some brill responses from current apprentices and so I would highly appreciate if you could share some wisdom this year as well.

Some quick questions If you want to make yourself known- what subjects do you do, which degree apprenticeship are you applying for and why did you pick that’s degree apprenticeship.

Thanks and hope to see you all in the thread!

Hello, I am so late to this thread but it's something that I really need right now. Okay, it's strange how much of a similar position I am in to you now. I have just finished my A Levels in June (English Language, Sociology and IT.) I got half decent grades, and now I'm looking for a degree apprenticeship. The DA that caught my eye was the CMDA (chartered management degree apprenticeship). I have been looking into companies like Morrisons, Nestle, IBM etc, but no applications are open yet - so I'm having to wait.

I would be so incredibly grateful if you had any tips or if you have any good suggestions of companies for me to try seeing as though I'm in the same position you seemed to be in a year ago! We did similar A Levels and I want to go down the same degree apprenticeship route. :smile: Any advice / feedback would be amazing. Thank you so much in advance.

I wish I had got here a little earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending