The Student Room Group

Selecting the Board

Hi,
Can somebody help me by telling the pros and cons of Edexcell Board for A Level Biology and Chemistry courses.I am in dilema whether to choose this board or not.
Is AQA, OCR better than Edexcell.
Thanks
reginahr
Original post by rejinahr
Hi,
Can somebody help me by telling the pros and cons of Edexcell Board for A Level Biology and Chemistry courses.I am in dilema whether to choose this board or not.
Is AQA, OCR better than Edexcell.
Thanks
reginahr

They are all the same level.

You should examine the specification of each subject and see which format and way its taught interests you the most. You cna download them from the website.

AQA I think is the biggest so it will have the most revision books but that doesnt make it the best.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
They are all the same level.

You should examine the specification of each subject and see which format and way its taught interests you the most. You cna download them from the website.

AQA I think is the biggest so it will have the most revision books but that doesnt make it the best.

Thanks 999tiger. I am thinking to take Biology and Chemistry. I am planning for medical career. Worried whether Edexel is more tough than AQA or OCR
Original post by rejinahr
Thanks 999tiger. I am thinking to take Biology and Chemistry. I am planning for medical career. Worried whether Edexel is more tough than AQA or OCR

They are the same,just slightly different syllabus. Choose the one you like the most. as i said at #2.
If you are a private candidate you should also check whether theres a test centre near you.

Quick Reply

Latest