The Student Room Group

Maths SKE course providers.

I have had two offers to do a PGCE in maths, but I have to do a SKE maths course.
Which SKE course provider should I choose and why?

Merry Xmas.
Reply 1
Bump!
Original post by Spagall2
I have had two offers to do a PGCE in maths, but I have to do a SKE maths course.
Which SKE course provider should I choose and why?

Merry Xmas.

Hello @Spagall2

Merry Christmas to you, and many congratulations on being offered your place on a teacher training course.

You don't mention where your training will be administered, but you need to speak with your provider about their preference for the SKE course, as they do vary in terms of breadth, quality and content.

All of the SKE courses are listed in the Subject Knowledge Enhancement directory.

All the best!

Jane :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Get into Teaching
Hello @Spagall2

Merry Christmas to you, and many congratulations on being offered your place on a teacher training course.

You don't mention where your training will be administered, but you need to speak with your provider about their preference for the SKE course, as they do vary in terms of breadth, quality and content.

All of the SKE courses are listed in the Subject Knowledge Enhancement directory.

All the best!

Jane :smile:

Hi Jane,
Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean that I can only choose an SKE course provider that is approved by the ITT course provider?
In other words, I can't just choose any SKE course provider.

Thanks
Original post by Spagall2
Hi Jane,
Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean that I can only choose an SKE course provider that is approved by the ITT course provider?
In other words, I can't just choose any SKE course provider.

Thanks

Hello @Spagall2

You are able to choose your own SKE provider, but your ITT provider will be more aware of the content of the courses delivered by different providers and so will be better placed to advise you, as they've identified the areas in need of enhancement.

You can also start going through the Maths programmes of study on BBC Bitesize, to see the kind of content that you can expect to be teaching. It will slightly differ from school to school depending on the exam boards that are selected, but are quite similar.

Where others who have done an SKE will be able to help is in how efficient the bursary is paid from one or another. Levels of organisation will vary across the board.

All the best, Jane :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending