The Student Room Group

maths help

Bit confused here - isnt it going 90 degrees clockwise with the white squares moving 4 spaces along each time?
12.PNG
Reply 1
I think the sequence is that anticlockwise, move by 5 ... but may be wrong :-)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
I think the sequence is that anticlockwise, move by 5 ... but may be wrong :-)

:smile: Here t is clearer:
Attachment not found

Here is the solution:
13.PNG

I am a bit confused about why what I said is incorrect as well: isnt it going 90 degrees clockwise with the white squares moving 4 spaces along each time? Dont really get the solution tbh
Reply 3
Original post by sienna2266
:smile: Here t is clearer:
Attachment not found

Here is the solution:
13.PNG

I am a bit confused about why what I said is incorrect as well: isnt it going 90 degrees clockwise with the white squares moving 4 spaces along each time? Dont really get the solution tbh

TBH, its a bit of a fiddly one and if it was me, I'd not worry too much over it.
A more useful answer is to list the possibilities.
a) Anticlockwise or clockwise
b) After labelling the ends A & B, you can move in the direction AB or BA
c) Its fairly clearly the white and grey squares wrap around so in the direction of AB (or BA) you have two possible displacements.
Work through each combination systematically and stop when the solution you're trying doesn't fit the pattern.

Try it for your clockwise 4?
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
TBH, its a bit of a fiddly one and if it was me, I'd not worry too much over it.
A more useful answer is to list the possibilities.
a) Anticlockwise or clockwise
b) After labelling the ends A & B, you can move in the direction AB or BA
c) Its fairly clearly the white and grey squares wrap around so in the direction of AB (or BA) you have two possible displacements.
Work through each combination systematically and stop when the solution you're trying doesn't fit the pattern.

Try it for your clockwise 4?

Reply 5
Does anyone have advanced maths for AQA: Statistics S1. If you do, would you be able to send pictures of questions and answers only based on these topics: Probability, Binomial Distribution, Correlations, Mean, variance and standard deviation, conditional probability and hypothesis testing. Also if you don`t mind, send me pics about exam papers with solutions as I am preparing for my exam. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest