The Student Room Group

Further maths and maths A level help

I know a lot of people really good at maths are willing to help others out, I'm doing maths and further maths privately and a lot of times I do not know who to turn to for help. Is anyone ok with helping me out when there's a maths or further maths question or topic I'm struggling with? It's usually mainly questions and I'm currently doing AS topics... Someone maybe with a maths degree but I do not mind as long as you're good at maths :smile:
Reply 1
The usual way is to post your questions in the maths forum (as youve done before) or do you mean something else?
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
The usual way is to post your questions in the maths forum (as youve done before) or do you mean something else?

Little different more like a study buddy without having to make a forum each time I have a question. Maybe just whatsapp the question kind of this?
Reply 3
Original post by 12115
Little different more like a study buddy without having to make a forum each time I have a question. Maybe just whatsapp the question kind of this?

If its primarily about difficulties with specific questions or you have questions about an algorithm/approach, generally the best way is to just post in the maths forum. Not sure why youd need a study buddy with a maths degree if youre doing a/as?
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
If its primarily about difficulties with specific questions or you have questions about an algorithm/approach, generally the best way is to just post in the maths forum. Not sure why youd need a study buddy with a maths degree if youre doing a/as?

Much easier in terms sending questions and more reliable since they are proficient in the subject. Also, since I am doing two A levels maths related and over two years, if there's one reliable person to turn to for help, you get to learn their way of doing maths, instead of from many different people here, who might not be the most reliable to learn from in terms of their methods and level of experience. It makes more sense to me.
Reply 5
Original post by 12115
Much easier in terms sending questions and more reliable since they are proficient in the subject. Also, since I am doing two A levels maths related and over two years, if there's one reliable person to turn to for help, you get to learn their way of doing maths, instead of from many different people here, who might not be the most reliable to learn from in terms of their methods and level of experience. It makes more sense to me.

Guess Ill drop out but there are some very qualified people who reply in the maths forum, and you can learn from seeing how to / trying to do a problem from different viewpoints.

Quick Reply

Latest