The Student Room Group

Figural Reasoning Questions

How would one go about solving questions like these?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

IMG_6496.png
Attachment not found
@Zishi Where did you find those questions and what are they for? They do seem quite difficult.
Reply 2
Original post by Grade A
@Zishi Where did you find those questions and what are they for? They do seem quite difficult.

They are from Procter & Gamble's Global Reasoning Test. Logical questions which they give in their recruitment test.
I don't know if this sub-forum is the right one, but i'll try to get someone nice to move it if they're free :smile:

@claireestelle sorry for disturbing you, do you think this has been posted in the correct forum. I think it may be better suited to somewhere with admissions tests e.g in 'advice in applying for jobs'. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Grade A
I don't know if this sub-forum is the right one, but i'll try to get someone nice to move it if they're free :smile:

@claireestelle sorry for disturbing you, do you think this has been posted in the correct forum. I think it may be better suited to somewhere with admissions tests e.g in 'advice in applying for jobs'. Thanks :smile:

No I think here is the best place for these types of questions - there's a big crossover with maths. I'll have a look at the question in a bit.
Original post by Notnek
No I think here is the best place for these types of questions - there's a big crossover with maths. I'll have a look at the question in a bit.

Thanks for the help! I'd just seen similar questions to this on a different forum.

Do let me know how you get on with these, it looks interesting but I just can't seem to crack it. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
@Zishi do you have the answers to these?
Reply 7
Original post by Notnek
@Zishi do you have the answers to these?

Not really. That's an issue, which is why I just wanted to develop an understanding of these questions.
Reply 8
Original post by Zishi
Not really. That's an issue, which is why I just wanted to develop an understanding of these questions.

I should start by saying that I'm definitely no expert on these so what I'm about to say is based on only a small amount of experience:

For these tough ones you're often looking for any kind of logic that makes some kind of sense, even if the pattern isn't very nice. In some cases you just need to find the "least worst" answer.

For the first one there doesn't seem to be any nice pattern (unless I've missed it) so looking at the basics you have the number of sides sequence : 5,3,3,5 so 3 could be next. Then I would choose the triangle that is most like the others because again there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

For the second one count how many straight line segments are inside each shape.

I'm not confident with my answers, especially the first one, which is why I wanted to see the actual answers :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
@Zishi is this test available online? Can you post a link to it?

Quick Reply

Latest