The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Uni 2024 prospective students

I was wondering if anyone going to Sheffield this year would like to text or email or something like that. I’m super excited but also terrified because I don’t know a single person going there and it’s very far from the unis my friends are going to. I think it’d be nice to at least know one person before we get there
Original post by acorn111
I was wondering if anyone going to Sheffield this year would like to text or email or something like that. I’m super excited but also terrified because I don’t know a single person going there and it’s very far from the unis my friends are going to. I think it’d be nice to at least know one person before we get there

Hi, I'm going to Sheffield this year too! What course are you planning to study?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by LaurynGold
Hi, I'm going to Sheffield this year too! What course are you planning to study?

oh exciting! I’m going to study mechatronic engineering which I know sounds super nerdy, what are you hoping to study??
oh exciting! I’m going to study mechatronic engineering which I know sounds super nerdy, what are you hoping to study??

I'm going to study that too!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 4
I'm studying that too!

No way?? that’s so cool! everyone I’ve asked about it had no idea what it was. We’ll probably be in the same classes then if we both get in (: Have you chosen Sheffield as your firm choice?
No way?? that’s so cool! everyone I’ve asked about it had no idea what it was. We’ll probably be in the same classes then if we both get in (: Have you chosen Sheffield as your firm choice?

Yep I have. Have you?
Reply 6
Yep I have. Have you?

yeah, I love it there, plus the diamond?! it’s amazing. I’m trying to decide which accommodation to choose. I know I want to live in Endcliffe but apart from that I haven’t decided. Plus the writing a profile for it is stressing me out. Have you booked yours?
yeah, I love it there, plus the diamond?! it’s amazing. I’m trying to decide which accommodation to choose. I know I want to live in Endcliffe but apart from that I haven’t decided. Plus the writing a profile for it is stressing me out. Have you booked yours?

I love the diamond as well. That was one of the main reasons why I chose Sheffield! I've not booked yet cause I don't really like the ones available rn. I'm hoping to book by the end of this week tho! I've been looking at other people profiles to get a feel of what other people have been writing.
Reply 8
I love the diamond as well. That was one of the main reasons why I chose Sheffield! I've not booked yet cause I don't really like the ones available rn. I'm hoping to book by the end of this week tho! I've been looking at other people profiles to get a feel of what other people have been writing.

It’s one of my main reasons too, the facilities are great and it has the iForge; the idea of being able to go create whatever I want to whenever seems so fun. Do more accom blocks become available closer to the time in Endcliffe? tbh I can’t figure out how to book a non ground floor room so I thought they filled up from the ground up and was waiting to get a higher room. Ooh I should look at some other peoples profiles that’s a good idea. Do you know anyone going to Sheffield uni too?
It’s one of my main reasons too, the facilities are great and it has the iForge; the idea of being able to go create whatever I want to whenever seems so fun. Do more accom blocks become available closer to the time in Endcliffe? tbh I can’t figure out how to book a non ground floor room so I thought they filled up from the ground up and was waiting to get a higher room. Ooh I should look at some other peoples profiles that’s a good idea. Do you know anyone going to Sheffield uni too?
I believe there's new blocks every week but I may be wrong. I've seen blocks on the 5th floor when I looked today, maybe it's only showing you lower rooms cause of your answers to the questions from earlier (the quieter accom, LGBTQ+ rooms and single sex rooms questions)? I only know 1 person going to Sheffield and we plan to be in the same block
Reply 10
I believe there's new blocks every week but I may be wrong. I've seen blocks on the 5th floor when I looked today, maybe it's only showing you lower rooms cause of your answers to the questions from earlier (the quieter accom, LGBTQ+ rooms and single sex rooms questions)? I only know 1 person going to Sheffield and we plan to be in the same block

ohh I'll have to check again but maybe it is my question answers, or maybe I'm just being dumb and can't figure out how to select other floors lol. awh that's a nice idea to be in the same block

Hey, I've firmed Sheffield and am doing applied Social Science. I'm down to chat and stuff, as I was at the uni last year, before I decided to change course so am restarting in September :smile:)

i’m hoping to study law! i don’t know anyone else going either and it’s stressing me out a lil bit. if you ever wanna talk on instagram my username is peepeeprincess_ (very silly name, i know but it has a nice ring to it) i saw in another reply you’re gonna be studying mechatronic engineering? zero clue what that is but it sounds awesome and be more than happy to hear all about it :smile:) i’m always super nosy about other peoples courses
Reply 13
Original post by hazza939
i’m hoping to study law! i don’t know anyone else going either and it’s stressing me out a lil bit. if you ever wanna talk on instagram my username is peepeeprincess_ (very silly name, i know but it has a nice ring to it) i saw in another reply you’re gonna be studying mechatronic engineering? zero clue what that is but it sounds awesome and be more than happy to hear all about it :smile:) i’m always super nosy about other peoples courses

omg I know it’s terrifying not knowing anyone, I deleted insta but I will re-download it to message you because of how great ur name is, it does have a nice ring to it
Reply 14
Original post by pandapang05
Hey, I've firmed Sheffield and am doing applied Social Science. I'm down to chat and stuff, as I was at the uni last year, before I decided to change course so am restarting in September :smile:)

hey! I’ve directly messaged you on here :smile:
Hi,
I am in my third year studying at the University of Sheffield.
Do you have any questions about the university or city?
I can be really scary moving to a new place where you don't know anyone but try to remember nearly everyone is in the same position and will be very willing to make friends. There will also be lots of events and activities going on so you can meet lots of people.
Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)
Reply 16

yooo...I am feeling the same guys,moving abroad alone is really terrifiying😅. I am going to do electronic and computer engineering, and please i need some friends😭
Hi - I'm also planning on going to Sheffield this year, and like you don't know anybody going. I am going to study computer science and would love to chat if you would like to?
Reply 18
Original post by emi_argall
Hi - I'm also planning on going to Sheffield this year, and like you don't know anybody going. I am going to study computer science and would love to chat if you would like to?

heyy connect with me on instagram @kishz.io
Hi i’m hoping to come to Sheffield as well to study Geography but i’m struggling with accommodation as well they are definitely releasing like rooms in blocks gradually as I checked back today and a few new blocks had been added to my list so just keep checking back if you are looking for a certain floor or block. My insta @livcottrill if anyone wants to chat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending