The Student Room Group

Urgent!!! Edinburgh animation portfolio

I honest to goodness am so completely baffled by what they want me to upload! I’ve been trying to figure it out for near a month now and still have no idea!! Please can someone help!
(edited 3 months ago)
Have you asked them for help?
Original post by PQ
Have you asked them for help?

I don’t know even how I would word the question? Like how do I tell them I don’t understand what they want from me
Original post by Aster nightshade
I don’t know even how I would word the question? Like how do I tell them I don’t understand what they want from me

Literally the way you have worded it in this post.
Original post by PQ
Literally the way you have worded it in this post.

I’ve just sent them a email. I wish they had examples of other portfolios.
Original post by Aster nightshade
I’ve just sent them a email. I wish they had examples of other portfolios.

The reason that universities often don’t provide examples is because unfortunately when they do applicants mimic the content/structure of the example instead of considering how best to present their own work
Reply 6
That's true, it can lead to applicants all doing the same thing; however for those who don't have access to a decent teacher or lecturer to give helpful advice about the portfolio, I put together a video of examples of successful applicants to my degrees - the video has a lot of advice about what work to put in your portfolio that should be correct for the majority of courses (obviously check in case Edinburgh has particulalry avant garde experimental requirements)
https://vimeo.com/841286222

Quick Reply

Latest