The Student Room Group

History Alevel Sentence starter - 25 marker

I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to structure my paragraphs for a history 25 marker question. I know what to write, the issue is with constructing a paragraph with sentence starters. Please if anyone can help me :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
What exam board are you doing? That changes the question you would do. Can you post an example exam question?
Reply 2
Original post by CatLover1
What exam board are you doing? That changes the question you would do. Can you post an example exam question?

AQA - The treaty of Versailles failed to live up to the expectations of the Germans and shattered the Weimar government’s hopes for stability. Assess the validity of this view

- thank you
Original post by Krakooon
I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to structure my paragraphs for a history 25 marker question. I know what to write, the issue is with constructing a paragraph with sentence starters. Please if anyone can help me :smile:

Hello I can help you write good essays
Well, you can start with an introduction to the theme. Try to contextualise the reasons that led to the signing of the treaty (allied victory and fall of the Central Powers). Then, develop the main topics you'll talk about, e.g.: it was an imposition, not negotiated; loss of Alsace-Loraine, Eupen-Malmedy, Schleswig, Silesia, and the Danzig Corridor.; exaggerated war reparations and limitations to the German army (numbers and resources); French control over the German mines in the Saar-Warndt, etc.
Then, summarise everything and maybe link the situation in the period with the rise of fascism in Germany.

Good luck :smile:
The key on this one is to realise what the underlying premise of the question is: i.e the T.o.V. caused the collapse or at least substantially weakened the Weimar Republic.

So your argument should focus on answering that question. Either you think it did have a major impact, it had very little or a bit.

I would suggest a really nuanced argument would be to chunk your answer into 3 sections: 1919-1923, 1924-1929 and then 1930-1933. The ToV undoutedly handicapping the early years of the Weimar Republic but once inflation was under control from 1924-1929, Germany was a relatively stable and in fact wages were rising faster in Germany than in Britain. For the final period you need to consider how the ToV made Germany particularly fragile to outside economic shocks. Also, underlying sore 'clause 231', plus lost territory not won back..........this continued as a theme throughout the weimar period.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending