The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances for a MSc of Comparitive Politics at LSE

Hi everyone,
I’m interested in doing a masters at LSE, but I’m a little unsure of my chances. I graduated from a middle tier American university with a 3.82 in Sociology and Politics, which the LSE website told me is equivalent to a first. I have a little bit of research experience and was accepted to participate in research simposium in Germany but I couldn’t attend for financial reasons. But I’m worried about two things. One, I’m taking a gap year and not working in anything related to my field. Two, both of my recommendations come from professors who aren’t political scientists, one is in anthropology and the other is in sociology. However, they are strong references. What does everyone think?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by zarahzhin
Hi everyone,
I’m interested in doing a masters at LSE, but I’m a little unsure of my chances. I graduated from a middle tier American university with a 3.82 in Sociology and Politics, which the LSE website told me is equivalent to a first. I have a little bit of research experience and was accepted to participate in research simposium in Germany but I couldn’t attend for financial reasons. But I’m worried about two things. One, I’m taking a gap year and not working in anything related to my field. Two, both of my recommendations come from professors who aren’t political scientists, one is in anthropology and the other is in sociology. However, they are strong references. What does everyone think?

Moved to London School of Economics
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending