Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2021 ThreadWatch this thread
Are you currently a student?
Are you a UK applicant? If not, which country are you from?
Current (or Last) University:
Current (or Last) Course:
Achieved (Expected) Grade:
Other Universities you’re applying to:
After you have received a decision, some applicants may be curious to know the following, but please avoid worrying if someone has heard back sooner than you; it does not necessarily mean you will be rejected.
Date applied (including references):
Interview date (if applicable):
Decision date and whether seen on the portal or received via e-mail:
Did you see your transcript drop (by this we mean see the transcript appears at the bottom of the list of documents on the portal)? And if so, on what date?
If successful, were you successful in obtaining funding from GSS? If so, how much? If not, how much did you request?
Disclaimer: Please note, unless stated otherwise, posters on this thread do not work for LSE's admissions department, therefore do not take our opinion as being 100% accurate. If you need certainty, contact LSE directly.
- Current Course: Political Science
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: equivalency depends on which university
- Prospective Course: MPP
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Oxford MPP, York MPA Public Administration, KCL MSc PP & Management, Birmingham MSc Public Management
Current university: UCL
Course: BSc PPE
Grade achieved: 65
Prospective Course at LSE: MSc International and European Public Policy
Other Unis: none
Current uni: LSE
Current Course: Sociology
Achieved Grade: 2:1
Prospective course: MSc Human Rights
Other Universities: Maybe UCL
Current Course: LLB Law
Achieved Grade: First class
Prospective course: Criminal Justice Policy
Other Universities: Sussex, maybe York, Queen Mary
Good luck everyone - went through the application process last year and now studying the MSc Applied Social Data Science programme. If anyone has any q's about the general process then happy to help!
Thank you in advance!
Hi there! I’ve applied to the MSc Applied Social Data Science 2021 and was wondering if you could share your experience regarding how long it took the department to assess your application and make an offer to you?
Thank you in advance!
Hope everyone's doing good. Has anyone applied for LSE MSc Management yet? Would love to connect on the same and discuss the process and timeline.
Cheers and Good luck!
I applied on October 5th (references were uploaded the next day) and received the ID number on October 16th (after my post).
Good luck to everyone!
- Current Course: Working in corporate treasury roles
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 2:1 - BBA in Accounting and Finance
- Prospective Course: MSc Accounting and Finance
- Other Universities you’re applying to: MSc Climate Change Investments (Edinburgh and Imperial)
- Current Course: BSc in advertising
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.91/4.0
- Prospective Course: MSc social and public comm.
- Other Universities you’re applying to: haven't decided yet.
Just submitted my application today. Fingers crossed