The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know the number of applications they get? It might put things into perspective for me considering the fact that I'm on the waitlist.

EDIT: for housing. Waitlist for housing.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by umang_sodhi
Does anyone know the number of applications they get? It might put things into perspective for me considering the fact that I'm on the waitlist...

Rankings are not out yet, Umang. How do you know you are on the waiting list? I thought you would definitely have a place with the scholarship.
Relax, the 15th is two days to go. I know how all of you might feel but I also feel the excitement even though I already have a Plan B and C prepared (European Studies in Maastricht which is kinda my 2nd choice and something completely different with Business at Radboud.)

Wish you guys all the best!
Original post by Breward
Rankings are not out yet, Umang. How do you know you are on the waiting list? I thought you would definitely have a place with the scholarship.

I meant for housing. I'm on the housing waitlist. Still waiting on rankings...
Rankings are out on Studielink now.
(edited 5 years ago)
How do I know if I passed or not? @ExternalJoe
But for example, under my ranking number, it says waiting for placement which makes me wonder if I am in or not, does yours also say the same thing? Besides that, I thought there were only 200 spots for Political Science taught in English and that my ranking number should be between 200 or am I wrong? I'm so confused!!!!
Original post by ancisnci
But for example, under my ranking number, it says waiting for placement which makes me wonder if I am in or not, does yours also say the same thing? Besides that, I thought there were only 200 spots for Political Science taught in English and that my ranking number should be between 200 or am I wrong? I'm so confused!!!!

Yeah mine says the same. I'm equally as confused, which is why I sneakily edited my previous comment :biggrin:

I've been having a look around and found this from Leidens website.

https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/binaries/content/assets/sociale-wetenschappen/politieke-wetenschap/voorlichting/numerusfixus/faq-en-numerus-fixus-selection-and-placement.pdf

It says this: "In case of a selection and placement procedure, applicants within the range of 1 till 600 are offered a place on the programme." So who knows? Time will tell. Out of curiosity, what's your ranking number? Mine's 466 :eek:
(edited 5 years ago)
I really hope that you are right! Mine's 460.

I think I am just going to focus on watching Game of Thrones premiere and wait for the best, but thank you!!
Leiden University offers 600 spots for their Political Science bachelors! I believe that includes the following bachelors programs:
- IRO
- Political Science (Dutch)
- Political Science: International Politics (Dutch)
So 600 spots are spread out over these 3 bachelors all together. If your ranking number’s 1-600, you got in. Congratz to you guys, cya next year! :smile:
I’m also very confused about the whole thing. I’m also in within the 600s but Studielink doesn’t let me accept the offer or anything like that. I’m assuming Leiden’s Admission Office will send an email (instead of studielink) during the morning in Netherland’s time and only then we can accept the offer
Hey! The ranking number came! I got in!
(edited 5 years ago)
My rank is 420... I was expecting a better rank but yay!
(edited 5 years ago)
My rank is over 600 :frown: do you guys know whether a lot of people reject their offers? I really want to go to Leiden University
Original post by umang_sodhi
My rank is 420... I was expecting a better rank but yay!

Congratulations!
Thank you!

Original post by funfruitworld234
My rank is over 600 :frown: do you guys know whether a lot of people reject their offers? I really want to go to Leiden University

I just read this on Leiden University's PDF on FAQs. 8FA563E3-F4DB-475B-9DD6-6B0D499A04B9.jpg.jpeg

Good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
My ranking is 606. Maybe if 7 people reject their offers is still a hope...
Just out of curiosity, have you received the conditional admittance email or anything prior to April 15th?
Original post by Boyan.Nik.
My ranking is 606. Maybe if 7 people reject their offers is still a hope...
Original post by funfruitworld234
Just out of curiosity, have you received the conditional admittance email or anything prior to April 15th?

Yes. Conditional admitted with CCC
Hey guys, I think I’m in, my number is 135. Congrats to everyone getting in!

Latest

Trending

Trending