The Student Room Group

Leiden University College LUC application 2023

Anyone who is applying or already has applied to LUC Leiden University Liberal Arts based in The Hague?
I applied a week ago and was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear if you got an interview?
Also does anyone know whether prospective students who apply by the early bird deadline have a much better chance of being offered a place and what proportion of applicants apply by the early bird deadline?
Also does anyone know what proportion of applicant who get an interview are offered a place?
Finally, are all offers for standard deadline applicants given the same week or are offers made on a rolling basis?
Sorry, so many question and maybe nobody knows…
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Thetabbycat
Anyone who is applying or already has applied to LUC Leiden University Liberal Arts based in The Hague?
I applied a week ago and was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear if you got an interview?
Also does anyone know whether prospective students who apply by the early bird deadline have a much better chance of being offered a place and what proportion of applicants apply by the early bird deadline?
Also does anyone know what proportion of applicant who get an interview are offered a place?
Finally, are all offers for standard deadline applicants given the same week or are offers made on a rolling basis?
Sorry, so many question and maybe nobody knows…

Hi, I belive that 15%applies early for European universities...btw...did u have your interview already? do you know how to prepare for I cuz I have my in one week and I'm not sure how to prepare
Congratulations on getting through to the interview stage! I have mine next week as well! I don’t know that there’s much preparing that can be done. I guess be up to date on current affairs, think of some questions to ask, think of any things about yourself, your experience, interests that you didn’t write about in the application and that you’d like them to know about that you might talk about if given the opportunity, study the website and structure of the program, but mostly be yourself as I expect the main objective of the interview is to get to know you. Wishing you the best of luck!!
Reply 3
Hi, did you get your interview ? How did it go?
Reply 4
were you guys top 600?
Original post by isphjjs
Hi, did you get your interview ? How did it go?

I think it went well but I don’t know yet! How was yours? Do you know when we’ll hear back?
Reply 6
Hi! I also applied for LUC, and I have my interview next week. I'm very nervous but also excited! Would you be willing to share any details about the admission interview or the types of questions they ask? I heard that they may also discuss the local issue that is mentioned in your motivation letter.. Anything will be helpful! I hope your answer will calm my nerves a bit!
Original post by maiaj26
Hi! I also applied for LUC, and I have my interview next week. I'm very nervous but also excited! Would you be willing to share any details about the admission interview or the types of questions they ask? I heard that they may also discuss the local issue that is mentioned in your motivation letter.. Anything will be helpful! I hope your answer will calm my nerves a bit!

Hey. I just saw this. you’ve probably had your interview by now? I hope it went well!
Reply 8
Hey. I just saw this. you’ve probably had your interview by now? I hope it went well!

I have the interview in two days but I still have no idea what questions they might ask me lol. I'm concerned about the questions related to my motivation form, the local issue etc. Do you have any insights or tips on what kind of questions they might ask? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me!
Original post by maiaj26
I have the interview in two days but I still have no idea what questions they might ask me lol. I'm concerned about the questions related to my motivation form, the local issue etc. Do you have any insights or tips on what kind of questions they might ask? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me!

I did get asked questions about my local issue so it might be useful to make sure you have more to say about that than just what you already wrote. Other than that just be yourself. They understand that you are nervous and want you to do well. They already like your written application so they are just checking that you are who you wrote you are I guess? Wishing you the best of luck!!!
I did get asked questions about my local issue so it might be useful to make sure you have more to say about that than just what you already wrote. Other than that just be yourself. They understand that you are nervous and want you to do well. They already like your written application so they are just checking that you are who you wrote you are I guess? Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Hi! Thank you so much for your advice. I had my interview on Tuesday, and I'm feeling pretty good about how it went. Do you happen to know when they'll be communicating the final decision?
Reply 11
Did your interview last 20 minutes? Mine was shorter. I was expecting more questions and was very surprised. LUC is my first choice, so I hope it is not a bad sign.
Reply 12
Original post by isphjjs
Did your interview last 20 minutes? Mine was shorter. I was expecting more questions and was very surprised. LUC is my first choice, so I hope it is not a bad sign.

My interview was around 30 minutes. She asked 3/4 questions, and I had 4 questions about LUC.
Reply 13
I already had a lot of information on LUC and did not have much to ask. I hope they did not expect more. Good luck to you!
Original post by maiaj26
My interview was around 30 minutes. She asked 3/4 questions, and I had 4 questions about LUC.
Reply 14
hello here! i also applied for liberal arts at LUC. i did my interview a little over a month ago. has anyone received a reply yet? all the other unis i applied to have already made a decision, and i don't know if it's bad news not hearing from Leiden by now...

Original post by isphjjs
I already had a lot of information on LUC and did not have much to ask. I hope they did not expect more. Good luck to you!
Reply 15
I haven't heard back from LUC yet, and it's making me lose motivation since I've already been accepted to other colleges. Fingers crossed we'll get a response this week. Good luck to you!

Original post by dnwlrmi
hello here! i also applied for liberal arts at LUC. i did my interview a little over a month ago. has anyone received a reply yet? all the other unis i applied to have already made a decision, and i don't know if it's bad news not hearing from Leiden by now...
Reply 16
Original post by maiaj26
I haven't heard back from LUC yet, and it's making me lose motivation since I've already been accepted to other colleges. Fingers crossed we'll get a response this week. Good luck to you!

good luck to you too! ;D i leave you my instagram to keep in touch more easily @dianamreno
Reply 17
Hi everyone, did you get your answer?
Reply 18
Original post by isphjjs
Hi everyone, did you get your answer?

I have yes! i didnt get any interview tho... or maybe not yet - what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending