The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP i didn't pos rep you! :s-smilie: that it really odd, i got positive rep with your name on it saying thanks.
Reply 21
I think lots of people have atcually forgotten how hard it is/can be to get AAA. Many people who haven't actually started A levels or have just started are being a bit cocky. So many people go in thinking they will get AAA easily, it's funny. I also believe the reason so many Med students do get AAA is because they work so so hard to get AAB, because they're so scared of missing the grades.

I don't know whether exams have got easier or not, but it doesn't matter because everything is in competetion to everyone else.
aminalia89
OP i didn't pos rep you! :s-smilie: that it really odd, i got positive rep with your name on it saying thanks.
Hmmm...someone pos rep'd me and when I clicked on it, it linked me to your post or at least I thought it did... :confused:
Don't get me started on A levels...they just weren't a true academic challenge. It's 95% learning off set answers and ticking the boxes. My choice of degree is unfortunate as it's pretty much the same. Grrr.
aminalia89, there was no need for the positive rep. :p:

Well someone just neg rep'd me right after I posted that a couple of minutes ago so I assume the original repper accidently hit the approve button instead of disapprove button. I'm going to subscribe just to find out who these chumps are.
Reply 25
You cant rep more than once in 24 hours, and you can't rep the same person twice for days and days...
Complex Simplicity
a little harsh dont you think.

A genius doesnt necessarily make a good doctor.

Sorry if I sound harsh but those stories about getting in with an offer of Bs and Cs are very rare. While academic achievements do not make up all admissions for med schools, they indicate motivation and the ability of someone to stick it out.

And while I agree a genius doesn't necessarily make a good doctor, why should the rules be bent for the OP when everyone else has to work for their A Levels.

I'm sorry but Med is a competitive world that some people will have to face up to.
Future Doc
Sorry if I sound harsh but those stories about getting in with an offer of Bs and Cs are very rare. While academic achievements do not make up all admissions for med schools, they indicate motivation and the ability of someone to stick it out.

And while I agree a genius doesn't necessarily make a good doctor, why should the rules be bent for the OP when everyone else has to work for their A Levels.

I'm sorry but Med is a competitive world that some people will have to face up to.
Excuse me? I'm not asking for offers of B's and C's at all. I'm not even asking for any uni to bend the rules of some sort.

And I'm on target with the academic achievements with 5A*s and 4A's and AABB in my January modules so why don't you actually check why I made this topic instead of jump to irrational assumptions about me wanting B's and C's offers. Seriously, you've really ticked a nerve - first saying that 'medicine isn't my thing' followed by that. :mad:
You complained about grade requirements going up, not me. It shouldn't be something you go and moan about on a forum. Suck it up and prove your dedicated to medicine.

Sorry if I've ticked a nerve but it seems like a wasted thread on an issue that doesn't really need to be debated.
Future Doc
You complained about grade requirements going up, not me. It shouldn't be something you go and moan about on a forum. Suck it up and prove your dedicated to medicine.

Sorry if I've ticked a nerve but it seems like a wasted thread on an issue that doesn't really need to be debated.

not everyone's like you though. You have a good attitude which will undoubtedly get you far but not everyones a machine who just do things without comment cause they need to be done. Some people like to disscus things and I dont think its right that you slate people for doing so. Human relations is a vital part of medicine and i hope you improve your ability to associate and accept others before you become a doctor. Cause personally i wouldnt like a doctor telling me to do things without any thought for how i may feel.
My philosophy in life is "get on with it". Sounds about right in this situation.
Complex Simplicity
not everyone's like you though. You have a good attitude which will undoubtedly get you far but not everyones a machine who just do things without comment cause they need to be done. Some people like to disscus things and I dont think its right that you slate people for doing so. Human relations is a vital part of medicine and i hope you improve your ability to associate and accept others before you become a doctor. Cause personally i wouldnt like a doctor telling me to do things without any thought for how i may feel.

Fair enough comments but I do feel that certain things don't require a moan. I'm not suggesting you bottle all comments but I'm also not the only person to respond with a "get on with it" themed reply.
One of the reasons I applied to the places I did was that I wasn't at all confident about getting AAA, so I'm glad GKT weren't asking for that when I applied! I was paranoid about not making AAB so worked my butt off. On results day I didn't really care that I got 5As, I was just so relieved to be into uni!!
Reply 33
Well grades are proportional to work so they might want to look at your determination in some aspects.
I don't know why Dentistry entry req are not changed to AAA it makes me feel I am going to doing a easier degree than medicine!!!
Ok the grades they ask for are the grades, which are the grades, which are the grades....

Try and get them, its difficult and it requires work and dedication but end of. Good luck to all of us! :smile:
Oh well, you can't expect not to have to work hard to get into Medical School.

I have to agree with the "get on with it" attitude. :smile:

Though, I will still apply to KCL as it is such a great course - even if it is AAA.

The others I'm thinking of are still AAB - KCL is the only one that will "affect" me.

:smile:

(Who knows - maybe now you will get "proper" firm and insurance offers, even if you didn't apply to Imperial or Oxbridge! :biggrin:)

Latest

Trending

Trending