The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2019

Scroll to see replies

I applied for psychology on 9th January. I am an international student from india. I have 91, 89, 83 in physics, bio and chemistry in my 12th grade. I haven't got any updates yet!! really freaking out!! hope I get in,
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by yeshabb
I applied for psychology on 9th January. I am an international student from india. I have 91, 89, 83 in physics, bio and chemistry in my 12th grade. I haven't got any updates yet!! really freaking out!! hope I get in,

Well I applied on December 17th and only just got an offer back the other day, so I wouldn't worry.
Original post by Megan Smith
Well I applied on December 17th and only just got an offer back the other day, so I wouldn't worry.

Oh okay! Thanks for replying!😊
Original post by dartagnankillian
what's the cheapest accommodation? the halls don't include how much the food will most likely come to, so it makes it look like they're way cheaper than the flats even though at other unis that's often not to case.
thanks in advance 😊

Hi dartagnankillian,

Our least expensive options are within the Founder's Building for a shared room that is either with our without a wash basin and is a catered hall of residence. This means that you'll have access to a pantry with a sink, microwave, kettle and toaster but aren't expected to cook your meals here. All catered students are given a 50% discount to the dining halls so a main, side and drink would cost around £2.50. Some students choose to make breakfast and lunch in the pantries and only eat in the dining hall for dinner, but it's a pay as you go system so you can choose how often or not you eat there.

While the accommodation fees aren't confirmed for September 2019 entry, you can get an idea of the range of fees on our website here.

Susana
Original post by Megan Smith
Well I applied on December 17th and only just got an offer back the other day, so I wouldn't worupd

update: I got an offer!!! unconditional. its in psychology clinical and cognitive neuroscience.
Reply 145
Hi Susanna. My daughter received an offer from RHUL in November and signed up for this Saturday's applicant visit day, but has still not received any details. She wrote to RHUL on 17th January, but only received back a holding message saying details would be sent nearer the time. Please can you advise if details will be sent before Saturday? Thank you.
Original post by DMP
Hi Susanna. My daughter received an offer from RHUL in November and signed up for this Saturday's applicant visit day, but has still not received any details. She wrote to RHUL on 17th January, but only received back a holding message saying details would be sent nearer the time. Please can you advise if details will be sent before Saturday? Thank you.

Hi DMP,

If you PM me including the details of your booking, I can take a look into this for you.

Susana :smile:
Reply 147
Hi Susana, you're talking to the technologically challenged her, I have no idea how to PM you!
Original post by DMP
Hi Susana, you're talking to the technologically challenged her, I have no idea how to PM you!

Hi DMP,

My apologies, I've sent you a message.

Hi, I'm Ellie
What course will you be applying for? English Lit and History
How are you feeling about starting uni? I'm unsure if I want to go to uni but when I visited RH I fell in love
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for all applicants thinking of studying at Royal Holloway in 2019. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to introduce yourself. :hello:

Here's a few questions to get you get started:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? (Feel free to share any pictures of campus you might have!)

Thomas, Jane and guests 600x270.jpg

Want more information about Royal Holloway? You can order a prospectus here.

Hey!! I’m Sophie:smile:

What have I applied for? English
How do I feel about starting uni? I’m nervous about leaving my home area but I’m so excited!!
Am I going to an open day? I’m not entirely sure yet because I’ve already visited once before and fell in love immediately!!
Original post by sopht23
Hey!! I’m Sophie:smile:

What have I applied for? English
How do I feel about starting uni? I’m nervous about leaving my home area but I’m so excited!!
Am I going to an open day? I’m not entirely sure yet because I’ve already visited once before and fell in love immediately!!

Hey Sophie!
I applied for English too, where else did you apply?
Original post by CyannF
Hey Sophie!
I applied for English too, where else did you apply?

Hey!! I also applied for Exeter, Nottingham, UCL and Goldsmiths:smile: you?
Hi guys! I don’t suppose anyone on here’s applied for music? I went to the applicant day on Saturday and fell in love with everything!!
Hello! I hold an unconditional offer for PPE and wondered if it would be possible for me to change my degree to Economics/ Economics and Political Studies.
Also, the website says 'flexibility to graduate with a BA/BSC in PPE' what would determine a BSC?
Thanks
Original post by basbousa
Hello! I hold an unconditional offer for PPE and wondered if it would be possible for me to change my degree to Economics/ Economics and Political Studies.
Also, the website says 'flexibility to graduate with a BA/BSC in PPE' what would determine a BSC?
Thanks

Hi basbousa,

I would recommend emailing our Admissions team as they will be able to assist you with this. You can email them at [email protected]. With regards to the difference between BA and BSc, this is determined by which modules you decide to take during your studies.

Original post by e.scott1
Hi guys! I don’t suppose anyone on here’s applied for music? I went to the applicant day on Saturday and fell in love with everything!!

I was there on Saturday and am a music applicant also! I absolutely love everything about it so will hopefully accept my offer soon!
Original post by sopht23
Hey!! I also applied for Exeter, Nottingham, UCL and Goldsmiths:smile: you?

Exeter, Kings, Royal Holloway, Cardiff, and Birkbeck. :smile: UCL would've been great! I loved it, but they don't look at specific areas i wanted to study :frown: Great Uni though, my sister went.
HI I am very worried about something. I requested to change my degree from PPE to Economics with Political Studies, and indeed it changed on UCAS but my previous offer had no EPQ requirement and now my offer states that I need to get an A in the EPQ? I am extremely worried as I told my teacher today that I wanted to drop it. I really don't know what to do.
Original post by basbousa
HI I am very worried about something. I requested to change my degree from PPE to Economics with Political Studies, and indeed it changed on UCAS but my previous offer had no EPQ requirement and now my offer states that I need to get an A in the EPQ? I am extremely worried as I told my teacher today that I wanted to drop it. I really don't know what to do.

Hi basbousa,

I would recommend getting in touch with our Admissions team at [email protected] or by phone at +44 (0)1784 4414944 as they'll be able to clarify your offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending