The Student Room Group

Applying to st paul's girls' school, latymer upper, channing, highgate

Hi guys, I am currently applying to sixth forms and I was just wondering if you know anything about the SPGS entrance examinations. I will be taking exams in: Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. Please help as I currently go to a state school and I need all the advice I can get.

Any advice about the sixth forms listed above would be great!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Assume it says on their website but won't it just be Entrance exams, interview and then offer you a place on the conditions of your GCSE's?
Original post by simplymee2
Hi guys, I am currently applying to sixth forms and I was just wondering if you know anything about the SPGS entrance examinations. I will be taking exams in: Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. Please help as I currently go to a state school and I need all the advice I can get.

Did you end up applying for latymer? How did you find the interview?
Original post by chunkypeanut123

I applied for St. Paul’s girls and Latymer too. Did you get in?
Reply 5
Original post by chunkypeanut123

Hey, yes I applied to latymer upper, got shortlisted for interview and then was offered a place. The interviews were challenging but exciting in the sense that I was able to show the teachers what I know about my subjects and dicuss my interest in them and also the school. The application process seemed long at the time but I am so glad that I went through with it. I will be joining the school in September!
Reply 6
Original post by 2002student
I applied for St. Paul’s girls and Latymer too. Did you get in?

I didn’t get into spgs but I got into latymer upper. What about you?
I didn’t get into spgs but I got into latymer upper. What about you?

Somehow I got into both - i have no idea how because I felt the exam and interview went so badly

Are you going to Latymer?
Reply 8
Somehow I got into both - i have no idea how because I felt the exam and interview went so badly

Are you going to Latymer?

I’m going to latymer. You?
I’m going to latymer. You?

I really couldn’t decide between the two but in the end I chose St. Paul’s

Which subjects did you take and which teachers did you have for your Latymer interview?
Reply 10
I really couldn’t decide between the two but in the end I chose St. Paul’s

Which subjects did you take and which teachers did you have for your Latymer interview?

I chose bio, chem and maths. I had ms andrew, mr paul, mr burns and ms cole.
Reply 11

Nice. I think for Highgate they actually force you to take 4 A-levels so it was a good call not going there.
Reply 12
Original post by Sinnoh
Nice. I think for Highgate they actually force you to take 4 A-levels so it was a good call not going there.

Yeah I also got accepted into Highgate but I also added further maths. I wouldn’t have minded doing it if I went there.
Reply 13
Yeah I also got accepted into Highgate but I also added further maths. I wouldn’t have minded doing it if I went there.

Further maths as a 4th isn't really a problem because it's not as much work as doing an entirely different subject tbh
Reply 14
Original post by Sinnoh
Further maths as a 4th isn't really a problem because it's not as much work as doing an entirely different subject tbh

Exactly

Oh I didn’t have any of those teachers

Who did you have at SPGS?
Reply 16
Oh I didn’t have any of those teachers

Who did you have at SPGS?

I really don’t remember😂

Quick Reply

Latest