The Student Room Group

british u16 powerlifitng record?

hi does anyone know the u16 record for any powerlifitng ik this is literally just a dream come true but i've being working my ass off with my bench, im currently able to press 100kg raw at the age of 15, i reckon thats pretty good, not being cocky or anything although my deadlift and squat are just probably maybe j above average, being 150kg for dead and 100kg for squat, i can power jerk 80kg though. If anyone has like a website to find this out that would be great!
Reply 1
I 3 repped 100kg bench press when I was in year 9. But I was always big and played first team rugby, literally 5 people couldn't even drop me once. Even now I'm big for my age, and people are surprised when I tell them how old I am at the gym, like I'm curling the same weights they use for bench. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by DrDanB
I 3 repped 100kg bench press when I was in year 9. But I was always big and played first team rugby, literally 5 people couldn't even drop me once. Even now I'm big for my age, and people are surprised when I tell them how old I am at the gym, like I'm curling the same weights they use for bench. :frown:

But yes, I agree benching 100kg at 15 is something to be proud of.
Reply 3
Original post by DrDanB
But yes, I agree benching 100kg at 15 is something to be proud of.

fair enough? is it worth trying out a local comp? like idk anyone who can do 100 in my year
Reply 4
Original post by Luca Km
fair enough? is it worth trying out a local comp? like idk anyone who can do 100 in my year

Yeah, but you're young so do be careful. Maybe put your stregth to use and try out for competetive U16s rugby at county level or something, you might find you actually enjoy it because no one can take you down - I know I certainly did. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DrDanB
Yeah, but you're young so do be careful. Maybe put your stregth to use and try out for competetive U16s rugby at county level or something, you might find you actually enjoy it because no one can take you down - I know I certainly did. :smile:

may i ask what weight are you cus im strong and i do rugby but im not tall by any means im quite fast too, used to do county 100m but my coordination is lacking in rugby so i just play whenever i want to i guess whereas powerlifting is something i've been inspired by at a very young age
Reply 6
Original post by Luca Km
may i ask what weight are you cus im strong and i do rugby but im not tall by any means im quite fast too, used to do county 100m but my coordination is lacking in rugby so i just play whenever i want to i guess whereas powerlifting is something i've been inspired by at a very young age

Original post by Luca Km

I'll PM you.
Reply 7
Original post by Luca Km
hi does anyone know the u16 record for any powerlifitng ik this is literally just a dream come true but i've being working my ass off with my bench, im currently able to press 100kg raw at the age of 15, i reckon thats pretty good, not being cocky or anything although my deadlift and squat are just probably maybe j above average, being 150kg for dead and 100kg for squat, i can power jerk 80kg though. If anyone has like a website to find this out that would be great!

https://www.britishpowerlifting.org/records

Record will depend on the bodyweight and whether you're looking for classic/equipped. Remember also that benches in competition are also paused

Edit - thats just for British powerlifting. If you want the world records just look up IPF powerlifting records
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by TajwarC
https://www.britishpowerlifting.org/records

Record will depend on the bodyweight and whether you're looking for classic/equipped. Remember also that benches in competition are also paused

Edit - thats just for British powerlifting. If you want the world records just look up IPF powerlifting records

ok thank you! is that rly record for british powerlifting because it feels wierd how i've beaten the record
Reply 9
Original post by Luca Km
ok thank you! is that rly record for british powerlifting because it feels wierd how i've beaten the record

What is your bodyweight?
I’m 9 years old and I bench 1000kg, not actin cocky

Before any1 starts abusing, plz acknowledge It’s a joke, people on TSR usually get vexed over this mad ting 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by TajwarC
What is your bodyweight?

64kg
Original post by Luca Km
64kg

You should look to compete and get your name on that list then!
Reply 13
Original post by TajwarC
You should look to compete and get your name on that list then!

i would love too but like i have no idea how to sign up for a competition or anything of that sort
https://www.britishpowerlifting.org/upcoming-competitions

Have a read through the website (the "Championships" tab specifically). Ideally if you're lucky, your gym might have a powerlifting club or a coach who you can speak to, and your gym might already hold smaller competitions. Also have a look at the powerlifting subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/powerlifting/. A post in the fitness forum on here also might yield some better answers than mine lol, I focus more on Olympic Weightlifting.
I believe record for 15 year old is 85kg bench, 146kg dead and 153kg squat, p.s your bench is great for your age and you can tell its your strong point.

Quick Reply

Latest