The Student Room Group

Sfe eligibility

I’ve lived in the UK for 5 years, just applied for my settled status and that’s due to come in a month Originally I applied as a pre settled person on the EU23n form but my application was rejected because I was from the EEA(Norway) and not working Then I applied through my partner who’s a British citizen and I told them clearly he’s not a migrant worker but after my application was processed it got rejected again because he’s British I’m not employed, just a student and I thought I was eligible for sfe and my university has locked me out of my accounts because I did not pay my tuition, am I eligible? Is there another form I need to apply with? Thank you
Hi there. An EEA national may be eligible for EU Student funding (tuition fees only) if they meet one of the following criteria;

Are the family member of an EU national

Are the family member of an Irish Citizen

Are the family member of a Person of Northern Ireland

Are the family member of a UK national

If your husband is a UK national, what was the reason they gave you for not being entitled? Did you provide his evidence such as valid UK passport and your marriage certificate? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
I’ve provided both his British passport and our marriage certificate as well as his payslips, I used the PN1 form

Thank you for recently submitted evidence. Unfortunatley, we are unable toassess you as Spouse of Migrant Worker as your spouse is a Britishnational. In order to process your application we need your employmentevidence- Contract of Employment/ Employer letter (signed and dated)confirming your start date, minimum weekly hours and hourly wage. Yourpayslips dated from 31/08/2023 until most recent one.

This is the email I was sent, and I do not work hence why I applied through him

Thank you
Thanks. This would be due to the fact you have applied on a PN1 for the home funding. You may be eligible for the Tuition Fee only funding. You would need to complete a EU23N form and indicate you are the family member of a UK national, and provide his valid UK passport and and copy of your marriage certificate again. This will need to be posted in to us. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Thanks. This would be due to the fact you have applied on a PN1 for the home funding. You may be eligible for the Tuition Fee only funding. You would need to complete a EU23N form and indicate you are the family member of a UK national, and provide his valid UK passport and and copy of your marriage certificate again. This will need to be posted in to us. Thanks, Leah.

Thanks a lot I’ll do that
But is the passport and the certificate not recorded on my account or do I need to do all of it again
No, sorry. It's the EU department who deal with the EU23N, and they don't transfer evidence from SFE to EU. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Original post by Leah SLC
No, sorry. It's the EU department who deal with the EU23N, and they don't transfer evidence from SFE to EU. Thanks, Leah.

Sorry to be a bother but Norway and England are both not in the EU, do I still qualify for this
Yes, it's just that department that deal with Tuition Fee only applications. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending