The Student Room Group

Eligibility

My daughter has been living with grandparents in England since June 2021. She is a British passport holder. She has a conditional deferred place for 2024 and is in year 13 now in an English school. She has home status from the universities where she has offers. We (her parents) will support her sfe application. Is our residency status considered for her application or is it just on her status?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by AnnieRD
My daughter has been living with grandparents in England since June 2021. She is a British passport holder. She has a conditional deferred place for 2024 and is in year 13 now in an English school. She has home status from the universities where she has offers. We (her parents) will support her sfe application. Is our residency status considered for her application or is it just on her status?

Hi there, It would be based on her status in the UK only to determine her eligibility. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, It would be based on her status in the UK only to determine her eligibility. Thanks, Angela

Hi, thanks so much for being clear. So, we are paid by a UK company (so would share our P60) but are non resident for tax. This will not impact on her eligibility for student loans? It is only on her 3 years in the Uk prior to starting?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by AnnieRD
Hi, thanks so much for being clear. So, we are paid by a UK company (so would share our P60) but are non resident for tax. This will not impact on her eligibility for student loans? It is only on her 3 years in the Uk prior to starting?

Hi there, No, this would not affect her eligibility. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, No, this would not affect her eligibility. Thanks, Angela

That’s great to know! Do you have a link to the documentation that makes this clear? I have all of it about her 3 year residency but not the parents bit!
Original post by AnnieRD
That’s great to know! Do you have a link to the documentation that makes this clear? I have all of it about her 3 year residency but not the parents bit!

Hi there, There is no documentation that we can provide regarding how your living out of the UK affects her application.It is outlined in the questions when completing the form regarding her eligibility for funding. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi, another question! I’ve seen on a couple of other threads that those working abroad are required to complete a PFF2 form? However, is this required if we are paid by a British company and have a P60 and an NI no? Thanks again
Original post by AnnieRD
Hi, another question! I’ve seen on a couple of other threads that those working abroad are required to complete a PFF2 form? However, is this required if we are paid by a British company and have a P60 and an NI no? Thanks again

Hi there, You should be able to submit the details online Sponsors who are overseas aren't generally paid using their National Insurance Number (NINO) so these figures aren't able to be checked with HMRC. If you are paid by a British company and this can be checked with HMRC you can complete the information online. Thanks, Karen
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, You should be able to submit the details online Sponsors who are overseas aren't generally paid using their National Insurance Number (NINO) so these figures aren't able to be checked with HMRC. If you are paid by a British company and this can be checked with HMRC you can complete the information online. Thanks, Karen

Thank you so much, but to confirm- the fact that we are not resident for tax purposes and this is recorded on our HMRC records will not have any impact on her application?
Original post by AnnieRD
Thank you so much, but to confirm- the fact that we are not resident for tax purposes and this is recorded on our HMRC records will not have any impact on her application?

This won't affect her application. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending