How do i do well in my GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

revise well, do lots of practise papers,
Original post by yellowduckyyy
revise well, do lots of practise papers,

How do practice papers help?
Original post by keith.matsika
How do practice papers help?

Answer them from your own current knowledge and then go through the papers after with the mark scheme and learn from your mistakes and see where you should focus your revision. Personally I memorised the mark scheme answers because as you do past papers, you realise the same answers are repeated. Hope this helps :smile:
Check out the youtube channels of 'Unjaded Jade' and 'Revision with Eve' who give advice for GCSE and A-Levels :smile:
Original post by priyanka_84
Answer them from your own current knowledge and then go through the papers after with the mark scheme and learn from your mistakes and see where you should focus your revision. Personally I memorised the mark scheme answers because as you do past papers, you realise the same answers are repeated. Hope this helps :smile:

Can you remember your exam results?
Can you remember your exam results?

Yeah I only sat my GCSEs June 2017. I got 8A* and 1A
Yeah I only sat my GCSEs June 2017. I got 8A* and 1A

WTH?!! HOW?

so what do u do now?
WTH?!! HOW?

so what do u do now?

I think starting revision early helped me and knowing what was effective revision and basically learning not what to do but revising from mark schemes was a big thing I did. I'm in Year 13 and studying Bio, Chem, and Psych
Reply 9
I think starting revision early helped me and knowing what was effective revision and basically learning not what to do but revising from mark schemes was a big thing I did. I'm in Year 13 and studying Bio, Chem, and Psych

Do you think prioritising past papers for maths is something good to do like I mean only do past papers mark them see where I went wrong and just revise things that i got wrong??
Original post by ajsar
Do you think prioritising past papers for maths is something good to do like I mean only do past papers mark them see where I went wrong and just revise things that i got wrong??

For maths, I did do a lot of past papers and just practicing questions that I was consistently getting wrong. I also memorised the formulas I needed to know so I was quicker when doing calculations. I would say that's the best type of revision you can do for maths since it's practicing that will make you improve so I think that's what you should prioritise
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ajsar

Personally what I did was once I had learned all the content did questions and practice papers and nothing else, for maths. Because once you know the techniques it’s just all practice (same applies to a lot of subjects but I feel it applies more so for maths). If you want practice questions you may want to google maths genie, they have a lot of good content. They have pretty much all the topics for students aiming for all grades. They have tutorials, questions and solutions with working for each topic.
Reply 12
Original post by VGM
Personally what I did was once I had learned all the content did questions and practice papers and nothing else, for maths. Because once you know the techniques it’s just all practice (same applies to a lot of subjects but I feel it applies more so for maths). If you want practice questions you may want to google maths genie, they have a lot of good content. They have pretty much all the topics for students aiming for all grades. They have tutorials, questions and solutions with working for each topic.

Yes I’m using him right now but I don’t understand why he puts questions that we don’t learn the answer to in the video.
Reply 13
Original post by ajsar
Yes I’m using him right now but I don’t understand why he puts questions that we don’t learn the answer to in the video.

Are those the questions where he tells you to practice answering yourself?
Reply 14
Original post by VGM
Are those the questions where he tells you to practice answering yourself?

Nah, it’s the ones where it’s like 10 practise questions you can print off like when you are finding the topic and it says the topic it says question or something like that and solutions
Reply 15
Original post by ajsar
Nah, it’s the ones where it’s like 10 practise questions you can print off like when you are finding the topic and it says the topic it says question or something like that and solutions

The solutions to the questions in the topics list are right next to the link that sends you to the questions, it says solutions underlined. Unless you don’t mean the solutions to the questions in which case I’m quite confused.
Reply 16
Original post by VGM
The solutions to the questions in the topics list are right next to the link that sends you to the questions, it says solutions underlined. Unless you don’t mean the solutions to the questions in which case I’m quite confused.

They are solutions but do you know why he puts those extra questions that we don’t learn in the videos? Do I need to answer them?
Reply 17
Original post by ajsar
They are solutions but do you know why he puts those extra questions that we don’t learn in the videos? Do I need to answer them?

I’m not really sure what you’re talking about but if you don’t want to do them then you don’t have to do them. All up to you
Reply 18
Original post by VGM
I’m not really sure what you’re talking about but if you don’t want to do them then you don’t have to do them. All up to you

Idk, I just keep thinking that if I don’t do them I’m not going to understand the topic
Reply 19
Original post by VGM

It’s the thing in the middle next to where it says solutions

Quick Reply

Latest