The Student Room Group

This is what Im dealing with...

Have a look at this article, burning your school down is common practice in South Africa (where I'm from), and when people are upset over service delivery they burn down schools, libraries, loots all the shops and totally destroy everything. I wish people in the UK and Europe would understand the mentality of these idiots.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/matric-pupils-burn-down-administration-building-over-reports-disrupting-exams-20181024
Why do British people need to understand it?
Reply 2
Original post by Rainfall
Why do British people need to understand it?

They don't need to but it would be good if they did, because it's annoying that if I talk about it people look at me like I'm trying to be racist and am trying to make them look bad or something when it reality it's just how it is. Secondly maybe some people would think twice about there views on mass illegal migration if they knew how the people they are letting in think, this point is more for European countries.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
That doesn't look like the full story. Why are the students being blocked from taking the exams they want to, and why do they want to take all of them?

I'd be annoyed if I wanted to take some units but the school refused. Not pyromaniac level of annoyed, but I'd expect some explanation.
Reply 4
Original post by ThomH97
That doesn't look like the full story. Why are the students being blocked from taking the exams they want to, and why do they want to take all of them?

I'd be annoyed if I wanted to take some units but the school refused. Not pyromaniac level of annoyed, but I'd expect some explanation.

The protesting students blocked the other students from writing by rioting outside the school, they are demanding that their last year report cards are changed to say they passed everything even though they failed. In South Africa we don't have units etc only subjects eg maths, the whole country writes the exact same exam on the same day, there's no examination boards, they are probably part of that 'opportunity program' because they were unable to complete the years work in time.

News24 is very left baised so trust me there's nothing more to it, at least they haven't killed anyone this time. There doesn't need to be any reason other than 'I want' for them. The irony is now that they've built the administration building down they won't be getting those report card anytime soon😂
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending