The Student Room Group

I really want a girlfriend

17M, and idk man its just like im seeing so many other people with girlfriends and into all of that and it makes me feel proper depressed because I dont have one looool

I really want to find someone but im not really someone who has the confidence of moving to girls like all the other people have. Like the reason for it is because im worried if I **** it up then they tell their mates and I get humiliated. Ive seen it happen way too many times.

(i've never had a gf loool but idk seeing people ik with girls makes me envy them so so much idk why)
Firstly, don't judge yourself by other people. You don't know what they've had to go through or what hoops they had to jump through to get their girlfriends.

Furthermore, rejection is part of life... pretty much every guy has had to go through this at some point (Unless your name is Justin Bieber or Harry Styles or something). It's how you deal with it. It's natural to lick your wounds for a week or two, but eventually you'll get over it and move on. Only experience will help you deal with them.

I'm not sure how bad these humiliations you've witnessed are... but you're 17 now, so I'm assuming you'll be going to University in the next year or two? You 'll be mixing with people who are a bit more grown up, and from a very wide background... so if you don't meet someone before, you'll probably meet someone there (provided you make the effort, and you have realistic expectations).In fact, most couples around your age end up splitting up if / when they go to Uni anyway... so save yourself the heartache until you go lol.

Work on your self confidence in the meantime.
Original post by Anonymous
17M, and idk man its just like im seeing so many other people with girlfriends and into all of that and it makes me feel proper depressed because I dont have one looool

I really want to find someone but im not really someone who has the confidence of moving to girls like all the other people have. Like the reason for it is because im worried if I **** it up then they tell their mates and I get humiliated. Ive seen it happen way too many times.

(i've never had a gf loool but idk seeing people ik with girls makes me envy them so so much idk why)

Work on gaining your educational qualifications first and then a girlfriend in the right time will come by

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending