The Student Room Group

The Official Oxford Interviews and Decisions Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Hey I have an interview at Oxford. I'm due there for 10am - I live 2 and a half hours away door to door, which means I would have to wake up at 5am in order to get ready and reach there at around 8:30am. Do you think I should do this or instead ask for accommodation the night before? (5am isn't the usual time I get up lol, worried i'll have bags under my eyes etc.)
Original post by frankymtl
Hi, I'm also applying to read geo, but i chose St.Peter. I have't heard anything from my college yet, so I guest we're probably still good then. Good luck :smile:

Good luck too! Keep us updated over the next week!
Reply 982
Original post by tangoboy456
Anyone applied for medicine and heard anything back... I applied to Jesus, haven’t heard anything back yet :frown:

you'll hear on Wednesday 28th, med applications are handled centrally not in colleges and everyone finds out on the same day. theres a whole thread for oxford medicine 2019 entry btw.

what are your stats btw? bmat & gcses
Original post by sotor
you'll hear on Wednesday 28th, med applications are handled centrally not in colleges and everyone finds out on the same day. theres a whole thread for oxford medicine 2019 entry btw.

what are your stats btw? bmat & gcses

GCSES: 5A* 3As (my school only did 8 GCSEs)
A level predicted: A*A*A
BMAT: 5.3 4.9 4A

Wbu? What are your stats?
Original post by greenteascratchy
Good luck too! Keep us updated over the next week!

Sure! Let's keep each other updated!
Original post by Azeee
Hey I have an interview at Oxford. I'm due there for 10am - I live 2 and a half hours away door to door, which means I would have to wake up at 5am in order to get ready and reach there at around 8:30am. Do you think I should do this or instead ask for accommodation the night before? (5am isn't the usual time I get up lol, worried i'll have bags under my eyes etc.)

maybe ask if you can come the night before

they might give you free accommodation for that extra night
Original post by Azeee

On my Interview Submission Form, my college automatically offered me accommodation the night before the day I officially had to arrive!
Just wanted to say good luck to you all waiting for decisions:-)
Does anyone know how often or likely it is that your interviews go right up until the "you may have to stay until" time? As in is there a good chance that you'll be able to leave just before this later time?
good luck to everyone who’ll be hearing back today!! (English and Philosophy and Theology applicants mainly I think!)
Original post by Adamskrr
Im expecting a response on the 28th. Hope they will be a bit more lenient on the BMAT, S1 was a monster

same dude same
only part of the bmat i feel good about is my S3. Managed to get a 4a :smile:
section 1 and 2 were insane
Has anyone already received an interview invitation today?
Shaking with anxiety (or perhaps caffeine).
Original post by leafleor
Has anyone already received an interview invitation today?
Shaking with anxiety (or perhaps caffeine).

I am strangely quite chill today, don't really know why, I was a gibbering wreck on friday :laugh:
Reply 993
Original post by TheTroll73
maybe ask if you can come the night before

they might give you free accommodation for that extra night

Original post by pianoboeplayer
On my Interview Submission Form, my college automatically offered me accommodation the night before the day I officially had to arrive!

Hi, yes they have offered accommodation for the night before which is fantastic, one less thing to worry about :smile:
Original post by JackMac2904
I am strangely quite chill today, don't really know why, I was a gibbering wreck on friday :laugh:

If my anxiety continues to build up throughout the day, I'm sure I will end up like I was on Friday.
Spent the day refreshing my email and checking TSR as I was certain I would hear back from Keble. What a let down lol

For which college/subject have you applied?
Original post by leafleor
If my anxiety continues to build up throughout the day, I'm sure I will end up like I was on Friday.
Spent the day refreshing my email and checking TSR as I was certain I would hear back from Keble. What a let down lol

For which college/subject have you applied?

Maths at Merton :smile:

What about you?
don't know what happened for St. Hugh's. So slow
Original post by JackMac2904
Maths at Merton :smile:

What about you?

Theology and Religion at Keble. Interviews are next Monday, so I BETTER hear back today! :tongue:

Good luck for your application!
I think they have to give a weeks notice so it should be today for you. I don't have to be at Oxford until next Sunday if I get an interview. Good luck to you too
Reply 999
Does anyone know what "invigilated reading/comprehension/précis exercise that will last 30 minutes" is? I am a biochemistry applicant and on my interview invite it says I have to do this...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending