The Student Room Group

GCSEs and A Levels for Princeton, Stanford, Harvard ...?

Hi! I'm in year 12 now and was thinking of applying to top US universities such as stanford, princeton, brown and harvard. I have an American passport, so I wouldn't need a visa. What are the usual GCSEs/IGCSEs people who get into US Universities such as Princeton, Stanford, Brown, ... get?? I have 9A* and 2As, should that be good enough?
Also, I am currently doing 4 A Levels and will probably be getting 3A* and 1A predicted.
In terms of SAT, I have been practising and gotten 1500+ and have good extracurriculars. Would that be good enough for these competitive universities?
I'm in Year 12, similar boat. This is my first year in the British curriculum, so no GCSEs, but I'm doing 4 A Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics. I'm looking to apply to MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon... My extracurriculars aren't much, since my only hobbies are software dev, guitar and EDM production. I'm looking to get a close to perfect SAT but idk if that's gonna be enough. I'm also aiming for straight A*/As in my A levels though.
Bump. Anyone?
Reply 3
Original post by LvlAndFarm
Bump. Anyone?

Moved to the Study in North America forum. And have a look at the stickied threads at the top of the thread list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Seems like an interesting thread. I'm interested in applying for Ivy League unis next year.
Reply 5
I will be starting A Levels from this year. I want to study Physics at MIT, Stanford or top Ivys. I decided to take Physics, Maths and Further Maths at AL. Are those enough to get into MIT Physics? Should I take an extra subject and what it would be, anyone have an idea who's doing physics at uni?
What about you @LvlAndFarm?
Original post by LvlAndFarm
I'm in Year 12, similar boat. This is my first year in the British curriculum, so no GCSEs, but I'm doing 4 A Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics. I'm looking to apply to MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon... My extracurriculars aren't much, since my only hobbies are software dev, guitar and EDM production. I'm looking to get a close to perfect SAT but idk if that's gonna be enough. I'm also aiming for straight A*/As in my A levels though.
Reply 6
Anyone knows what are all the steps to into MIT or Ivys?
Original post by martinines
Hi! I'm in year 12 now and was thinking of applying to top US universities such as stanford, princeton, brown and harvard. I have an American passport, so I wouldn't need a visa. What are the usual GCSEs/IGCSEs people who get into US Universities such as Princeton, Stanford, Brown, ... get?? I have 9A* and 2As, should that be good enough?
Also, I am currently doing 4 A Levels and will probably be getting 3A* and 1A predicted.
In terms of SAT, I have been practising and gotten 1500+ and have good extracurriculars. Would that be good enough for these competitive universities?
Grades don’t mean anything, everyone has the grades. You need show what your campus contribution would be to go far. As far as the steps, you need to do the application (i did the common app), your ACT/SAT, teacher recommendations, counsellor report, transcript, financial aid applications, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending