The Student Room Group

UofT vs UBC vs Mcgill

Hi
I'm an international student in the UK who recently got into UofT for life sciences , UBC faculty of science and McGill faculty of science. I've never been to Canada and I'm not sure which offer I should accept. Out of the three UBC has the cheapest tuition but I have a CA$100,000 scholarship from UofT. I've heard UofT is really challenging and a fair amount of people regret going there. My scholarship could get revoked if my GPA becomes 'unsatisfactory' . I'm still waiting on UBC and McGill to respond about scholarships. Where do you think I should go?
Original post by K1W15
Hi
I'm an international student in the UK who recently got into UofT for life sciences , UBC faculty of science and McGill faculty of science. I've never been to Canada and I'm not sure which offer I should accept. Out of the three UBC has the cheapest tuition but I have a CA$100,000 scholarship from UofT. I've heard UofT is really challenging and a fair amount of people regret going there. My scholarship could get revoked if my GPA becomes 'unsatisfactory' . I'm still waiting on UBC and McGill to respond about scholarships. Where do you think I should go?
mcgill 100%! it has the strongest reputation out of the 3 internationally and locally, and imo it offers the best student experience as well (literally every british person that i know here absolutely loves it). imo steer away from uoft, its extremely challenging, not the best student experience and they weed out students after their first year if they don't get good grades (that's why they accept an insanely high amount of first-year students - they end up weeding them out later its pretty toxic). i have a few friends at ubc and they really like it but i think you'd prefer montreal (even tho it's colder), there's a stronger UK community at mcgill. also mcgill is still cheaper than uoft even with a $100k scholarship, however, im not sure what international tuition is after the increase for incoming students this year.
Original post by K1W15
Hi
Hi
I am in the same position now…
Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending