The Student Room Group

Do US colleges care about A-Levels?

Do US colleges care if I do bad in my A-Levels?

I'm in year 12 and applications to US colleges open in August and close in November. I am taking the SAT in late August.

If I do bad in my A-Levels but really good in my SAT would US colleges look over my A-Levels / vice versa?

I plan to apply to Florida, Houston, Chicago, Wilmington North Carolina,
and Boise state.

Thanks!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I also want to know the answer to this
Reply 2
Yes, they care far more about a-levels than they do about SATs. Your high school transcript is by far the biggest factor in your admission to any school.
Original post by PoliticsIsHell
Do US colleges care if I do bad in my A-Levels?
I'm in year 12 and applications to US colleges open in August and close in November. I am taking the SAT in late August.
If I do bad in my A-Levels but really good in my SAT would US colleges look over my A-Levels / vice versa?
I plan to apply to Florida, Houston, Chicago, Wilmington North Carolina,
and Boise state.
Thanks!
Colleges in the US care significantly more about your grades throughout your whole high school career than exam grades. Most schools in the US don't even require you to submit exam grades. your GPA, extra curriculars, essay, and letters of recommendation are the most important. Colleges in the US want well rounded students not necessarily somebody who did well in one subject.
Reply 4
I am a currrent applicant - school had to submit a transcript of gcses and predicted grades for a level (and will confirm final results); they don’t have to submit any other grades. For some applicants i also had to do a self prepared transcript of the same info. And yes ECs,, essays etc etc are v important too. As is the SAT/ACT results - test optional is on the way out for some Ivies and the results are def used by lots of Univs even if test optional. Really depends where you are applying but the numbers of appliannts this year has been crazy.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending