The Student Room Group

Top US Schools Admission

Hello

3 A-Levels are okay for MIT or Ivy School admission?
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics(P1-P4, M1, S1)
Reply 1
Original post by jub ahmed001
Hello

3 A-Levels are okay for MIT or Ivy School admission?
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics(P1-P4, M1, S1)

100% it doesn’t really matter the number of A-Levels you’re doing but more so if you have the predicted grades to get in (along with the extracurriculars, strong recommendation letters and a great personal essay)

But i believe MIT is one of the hardest schools to get into in the world, bare in mind you’ll be competing with some of the smartest kids from all over the world to get in (places like India, Singapore, China, Nigeria etc). so for that school, since you’re only applying with three A-Levels i’d would be best if you apply with A*/A’s only.

But for other ivy leagues like Princeton, Brown, Harvard, Stanford etc, you can get away with having A*-B predicted grades as long as everything else is quite strong since A Levels are gonna be viewed as more prestigious (British “secondary” education is seen as one of the highest in the world). Don’t stress too much though, just watch a bunch of youtube videos of peoples experiences etc
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
I am a Private Candidate. I am taking A Levels Preparation Individually.
Reply 3
Original post by jub ahmed001
I am a Private Candidate. I am taking A Levels Preparation Individually.

Good luck then bro! It’d be a really good opportunity for you. Mind you, I’d recommend looking at a bunch of other well respected tech schools in America like Caltech etc just to broaden your options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending