The Student Room Group

Official US Universities Applicants Thread 2024

Hi Everyone!!

It's that time of year again - application season. So here's your applications thread for this year. Feel free to post in here where you're applying and other info!

Even after applications are due, this can be a great place to talk to others and get support regarding decision release, choosing the right university to attend, and maybe even meeting somebody else in the same class as you!

Here's some pointers to get you started:

1. What is your intended major, if you know?
2. Did you apply anywhere early, if so, where?
3. Where are you applying in the regular round?
4. How have you found the US application process?
5. Anything else you wanna talk about?
Reply 1
Applied to Amherst College ED
WashU ED
Reply 3
The most comprehensive and thorough 'How to Get into US Colleges as an International Student' step-by-step guide in the world. The guy is engineering at Columbia (scholarship) after also getting into MIT. Better than anything out there. Here's the link:
https://www.notion.so/getintousunis/How-to-get-into-the-Ivy-League-and-other-Elite-American-Universities-as-an-International-Student-ca44149dfa9240ab9ce32d9cae0b2e67
Original post by ry7xsfa
Hi Everyone!!

It's that time of year again - application season. So here's your applications thread for this year. Feel free to post in here where you're applying and other info!

Even after applications are due, this can be a great place to talk to others and get support regarding decision release, choosing the right university to attend, and maybe even meeting somebody else in the same class as you!

Here's some pointers to get you started:

1. What is your intended major, if you know?
2. Did you apply anywhere early, if so, where?
3. Where are you applying in the regular round?
4. How have you found the US application process?
5. Anything else you wanna talk about?

Hi!!
1- I’m thinking double majoring in economics and politics
2- I didn’t as I wanted to get my UK applications out of the way first
3- I’m applying regular to Harvard, Stanford, Bowdoin, Smith, Vassar, Scripps, Pitzer, Wellesley
4- It’s super confusing at first especially doing it without sutton trust but once you get the hang of it it’s actually quite enjoyable as you can let your personality shine more
5- Can anyone explain applying for financial aid via CSS profile please
edit* I ended up applying to Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Northwestern, Bowdoin, Smith, Vassar, Scripps, Pitzer, Wellesley and Wesleyan
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5

Not declared (or maths and IR where needed)

REA Yale

Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Princeton, UPenn, U of Rochester, JHU - may be a few more

A lot of work! And when extra essays pop up when you think you are done…ahh; also school not very used to it so a learning curve for them too. I do like the CommonApp though!

Nope

@cambridge_2024 assuming you are UK, you need to do the International requirements if applying for FA?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Jkbjack

Not declared (or maths and IR where needed)

REA Yale

Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Princeton, UPenn, U of Rochester, JHU - may be a few more

A lot of work! And when extra essays pop up when you think you are done…ahh; also school not very used to it so a learning curve for them too. I do like the CommonApp though!

Nope

@cambridge_2024 assuming you are UK, you need to do the International requirements if applying for FA?

Yeahh I know that I have to do CSS profile and IDOC but it’s slightly confusing as my parents are separated so they each have to fill their own forms but my mum isn’t working currently so it’s super annoying
Reply 7
Has anyone got into Havard REA?
Y’all I need advice. I got a 1450 in the SAT, 11 GCSEs (7 A*s and 4 As), 2A*s and 2As in A levels. Should i submit my SAT score to Yale, Princeton, NW, NYU? P.S I’m applying for aid
Reply 9
Original post by Sunnydays126
Y’all I need advice. I got a 1450 in the SAT, 11 GCSEs (7 A*s and 4 As), 2A*s and 2As in A levels. Should i submit my SAT score to Yale, Princeton, NW, NYU? P.S I’m applying for aid

I wouldn’t submit your SAT score personally, general rule is submit if it is close to the average for that school
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #1
WashU ED

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to WashU for the 2025 cycle of admissions, why did you pick WashU, how was the process and did you get accepted?
Original post by jtxk
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to WashU for the 2025 cycle of admissions, why did you pick WashU, how was the process and did you get accepted?

lmao no i didn’t get accepted but the application process was quite fun (they had an option to submit a video essay about why you wanted to get in).
I wanted to go cus i heard things about the academics and student life, plus their stats showed that they have a decent sized international student body so i thought i’d give it a shot.
Reply 12
Anyone got any updates before Ivy Day? I have some admittances but a lot still to go…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending