The Student Room Group

An Inspector Calls

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone here know the 2018 GCSE questions on An Inspector Calls?
Original post by Fifty345
sorry to be a pain but for the quote "i was almost certain for a knighthood in the next honours list- " how can i elaboate on the language and how it is written to expand my answer.

also eric replies, "laughing - oh for God's sake

Birling is verbally attacking his son, and by using personal pronouns ‘I’ & 'you' (I think Birling uses a 'you' in the speech before/after this line.) a distance is built between them, highlighting the drift in their relationship, and emphasizing how different they are to each other. = This could be used to support the idea that Eric has a higher chance of changing.

" almost" and "certain" are contradictory words (ridicules Mr Birling)

"Laughing" (dry humour) "oh for God's sake" sees how ridiculous his father is.
Reply 22
Original post by KawaiiArtist
Birling is verbally attacking his son, and by using personal pronouns ‘I’ & 'you' (I think Birling uses a 'you' in the speech before/after this line.) a distance is built between them, highlighting the drift in their relationship, and emphasizing how different they are to each other. = This could be used to support the idea that Eric has a higher chance of changing.

" almost" and "certain" are contradictory words (ridicules Mr Birling)

"Laughing" (dry humour) "oh for God's sake" sees how ridiculous his father is.

thanks and did you do an inspector calls for your gcse? you must have got a 9. ur amazing
Original post by Fifty345
thanks and did you do an inspector calls for your gcse? you must have got a 9. ur amazing

Aw no problem, glad to help. Yeah I did it for gcses this summer just gone (and I did get a 9 :h: thanks to Ytubers Mr Salles & Mr Bruff)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending