Turn on thread page Beta

Best website for GCSE Maths revision? (like myMaths?) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for websites for GCSE Maths revision, ones that include lots of exercises, practise questions etc. Eg: If i need to revise algebra, I can find several papers/worksheets filled with algebra exercises/practise questions (answer sheet included) and so on. If the website also has past papers, that's a bonus, but i know where to find those easily anyway

My school isn't subscribed to anything like myMaths, so I need one that I can just create a free personal account with, or that is just public and open

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwd)
    Hi, I'm looking for websites for GCSE Maths revision, ones that include lots of exercises, practise questions etc. Eg: If i need to revise algebra, I can find several papers/worksheets filled with algebra exercises/practise questions (answer sheet included) and so on. If the website also has past papers, that's a bonus, but i know where to find those easily anyway

My school isn't subscribed to anything like myMaths, so I need one that I can just create a free personal account with, or that is just public and open

Thanks in advance
    drfrostmaths is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mqb2766)
    drfrostmaths is pretty good
    Thanks for the suggestion, but for all the good parts of the website you need to sign in with a school, which I can't do Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwd)

Thanks in advance
    Unfortunately, the majority of Maths websites of this description require some sort of payment to get full access to the most useful features that they offer. Maths Genie and Mr Barton Maths are good, but if you PM me I can give you my friend's Maths Watch account which would probably be your best bet.

Also, I don't know whether you're exclusively looking for websites to help you with Maths revision, but as I'm sure that you know, CGP's revision guides and practice workbooks offer what you're looking for and if it is the price that concerns you, just know that you won't have to spend more than 20 pounds to get all of the books that you need which I'm sure is manageable if you save up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwd)
    Thanks for the suggestion, but for all the good parts of the website you need to sign in with a school, which I can't do Thanks though!
    You can get practise questions without signing in with a school?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wouldn’t actually recommend websites, I’d recommend printing off or just viewing online as many past papers as you can. I know that the gcse is now the new spec but there are sample papers on the exam board website and also the majority of old gcse papers will still be relevant. I tried to use a website to revise for my chemistry mock and completely flunked it so for me it didn’t work at all, that’s not saying it won’t for you. But past papers and practice questions are scientifically proven to be the best way to revise. Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squembalina)
    Hi I wouldn’t actually recommend websites, I’d recommend printing off or just viewing online as many past papers as you can. I know that the gcse is now the new spec but there are sample papers on the exam board website and also the majority of old gcse papers will still be relevant. I tried to use a website to revise for my chemistry mock and completely flunked it so for me it didn’t work at all, that’s not saying it won’t for you. But past papers and practice questions are scientifically proven to be the best way to revise. Good luck
    Yeah - OP is asking for websites that have lots of practise questions on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    You can get practise questions without signing in with a school?
    Really? From what I could tell there wasn't much on the website that didn't require a log in with school details D: I'll look again, maybe i was being dumb haha thanks!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hegarty maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sigmah)
    Unfortunately, the majority of Maths websites of this description require some sort of payment to get full access to the most useful features that they offer. Maths Genie and Mr Barton Maths are good, but if you PM me I can give you my friend's Maths Watch account which would probably be your best bet.

Also, I don't know whether you're exclusively looking for websites to help you with Maths revision, but as I'm sure that you know, CGP's revision guides and practice workbooks offer what you're looking for and if it is the price that concerns you, just know that you won't have to spend more than 20 pounds to get all of the books that you need which I'm sure is manageable if you save up.
    Ahh Mathsgenie seems to be great! thanks!
    But yeah, i understand that i am asking a lot for a free website with everything on it haha. I do actually have acsess to the online version of the student book/text book 9-1 maths, so that's good.

thanks for the reply and recomending mathsgenie!

ReputationRep:
    mathsgenie
    hegartymaths
    physics and maths tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwd)
    Really? From what I could tell there wasn't much on the website that didn't require a log in with school details D: I'll look again, maybe i was being dumb haha thanks!
    Press register then other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    Press register then other
    O god how did i not see that hahahah cheers man, Mr Spy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwd)

Thanks in advance
    Corbett maths is really good,, u don’t need to be with a school and has free exercises and past papers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 5, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.