The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln 2019 Applicant's Thread

Hello 2019 applicants,

Welcome to our thread where you'll be able to ask us any questions about life in Lincoln, as well as using it as a way of meeting other students who are also applying to the University.

In addition to this thread, you can also meet other people, network, and ask questions on our dedicated social media pages and groups, which you can find below:

https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2019/
https://twitter.com/UoLApplicants

As a 2019 applicant, you'll also be able to join our brand new Friends for Life scheme. By signing up to the scheme and selecting some of your interests, we will be able to introduce you to other applicants that you share things in common with before you join us. You can do this by clicking the following link: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/friends/.

We also have a number of Open Days, which include our new Mini Open Days, coming up. These are an ideal opportunity to explore our campus and facilities, ask questions, meet staff and students, and get a sense of student life here at Lincoln. You can book yourself on to one here.

Applying to university is a really exciting time, but we know it can be a daunting experience, that's why we're here to try and make the process as simple and stress-free as it can be.

To get the ball rolling, let us know the following:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Have you been to an open day? If so, what did you like the most?

Natasha :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, im moving from Ireland to Lincoln in 2019 and was wondering if anyone else is going to Lincoln in 2019, if so what are you studying? I think I am going to study History and think of going to Lincoln courts or Cygnet Wharf.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by amielee
Hey, im moving from Ireland to Lincoln in 2019 and was wondering if anyone else is going to Lincoln in 2019, if so what are you studying? I think I am going to study History and think of going to Lincoln courts or Cygnet Wharf.

Hi, i have been thinking of Lincoln however as a second option. It really all depends on what my results are next year, and i would be studying photography.
What are your other uni choices?
Reply 3
hello, and same Lincoln is my first choice however, and my other choices are northhampton, Wolverhampton, and York
Original post by amielee

Hey, what were your grades? I will also be applying for Lincoln on clearing for business and management course with BCD grades i am not sure tho that i can get in with these grades.
Original post by MohsinHassan
Hey, what were your grades? I will also be applying for Lincoln on clearing for business and management course with BCD grades i am not sure tho that i can get in with these grades.

Hi,

Our Clearing hotline is open for you to check and talk about all your options. You can contact us on 0808 164 4444.

Elliott 😊
My son is planning to start sept 2019 doing physical education and sport course Lincoln is his first choice and he likes cygnet wharf accommodation.
Original post by amielee

Hi,
I am putting Lincoln down as my firm as I got an unconditional to study law and was thinking of either courts of cygnet wharf x
Original post by Brooklyn_b
Hi,
I am putting Lincoln down as my firm as I got an unconditional to study law and was thinking of either courts of cygnet wharf x

Congratulations on your unconditional offer! Make sure you join our 2019 Applicants page to find others who will be joining the University with you in September: https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2019/.

If you have any questions, get in touch!
Natasha ☺️
Reply 9
Original post by amielee

Original post by Brooklyn_b
Hi,

Original post by Markr2001
My son is planning to start sept 2019 doing physical education and sport course Lincoln is his first choice and he likes cygnet wharf accommodation.

I'm a 2nd year student at Lincoln, so I just thought I'd give you guys some advice on halls.

Courts: Avoid. People have compared it to a prison on the inside, and people can't wait to get out of there come the end of their first year. I guess a lot of people go for Courts because it is classed as the University's on site on accommodation, but you have to realise that literally every hall of residence is within close proximity of each other. It's incredibly rowdy and noisy, so keep that in mind if you actually plan on getting work done.

Cygnet Wharf: Lincoln's new on site accommodation. It's really nice and modern - the kitchen is huge and the rooms are okay in size, but you have to keep in mind that you will be living with 10-11 other students within your apartment. Most other halls of residence have people living with 4-6 other people within a flat.

The 'nicer' accommodation options would be The Gateway, Brayford Quay, Junxion, and St Marks. Definitely check those out before you make your choices! I would avoid Pavilions as it hosts around 1300 students, and is pretty much like Courts in terms of how noisy it is, and I would also avoid Danesgate House and Aqua House.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Hey thanks for the information, however I don’t want to be too far from the uni like I don’t want to spend money on a bus ticket everyday if you get me? Is all the accommodation is close to the uni?
Reply 11
Original post by amielee
Hey thanks for the information, however I don’t want to be too far from the uni like I don’t want to spend money on a bus ticket everyday if you get me? Is all the accommodation is close to the uni?

No one uses buses here to get to lectures - all of the buildings are within close proximity of each other and so are most of the halls of residences. You said you wanted to study History and so you'll mostly be in the Art, Architecture and Design building, which is about the same walking distance from my accom (The Gateway) as it is from Courts, if not closer.

If you planned to stay in any of the accommodation choices I listed in my first post, it would take you roughly 5-10 minutes to get to your lectures by walking. :smile: It's a small city so don't worry about bus tickets or anything like that!
Original post by amielee

Hello Amie,

As other posters have stated, all of the accommodation here in Lincoln is within walking distance of the University - most of them being a 5-10 minute walk so there is no need to worry about travelling in for your lectures as everything is accessible by foot (this also includes shops, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, cinemas etc).

You can check out how far each of the accommodation sites are away from each other and the University here: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studentlife/accommodation/map/?id=12. Whilst not all of them are classed as 'on campus' halls of residence they are generally all about the same distance away from those that are.

Choosing where to live and moving to university is a very exciting time, so if you have any questions, please do get in touch as we are always happy to help!

Natasha ☺️
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Hi,I also got an unconditional to study law so will be most likely be putting them as my firm choice, exciting time!
Hi! I got an unconditional for biochemistry and Lincoln are my firm choice. I'm super excited!!
Original post by LewisM0
Hi,I also got an unconditional to study law so will be most likely be putting them as my firm choice, exciting time!

Congratulations Lewis!

Make sure you join our 2019 applicants Facebook page to meet other people who will be joining you in September. You can access it via the following link: https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2019/.

If you have any questions, please get in touch as we're more than happy to help!

Natasha ☺️
Original post by gleichschritt
Hi! I got an unconditional for biochemistry and Lincoln are my firm choice. I'm super excited!!

Congratulations!

Make sure you join our 2019 applicants Facebook page to meet other people who will be joining you in September. You can access it via the following link: https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2019/.

If you have any questions, please get in touch as we're more than happy to help!

Natasha ☺️
Reply 17
UPDATE: I got a offer from Lincoln to study criminology and social policy!!
Hi! Just wondering what your predicted grades are as I'm thinking of putting Lincoln as my top choice to study law (LLB) and hoping for an unconditional!
Reply 19
My predicted grades are ACC or aiming for ABC, hope you get you’re unconditional! Are you from Lincoln ?? Goodluck :smile:

(Original post by emmasmedley)
Hi! Just wondering what your predicted grades are as I'm thinking of putting Lincoln as my top choice to study law (LLB) and hoping for an unconditional!

Latest