The Student Room Group

Am i screwed for GCSE'S

i am planning to start revising from now to gcse
in order to achieve top grades and
am i too late in starting prep for gcse? as theres 22.5 weeks and 160 days until my first exam which is distressing
By the way i dot want to be a solicitor or bin man
I'm in a similar position - but I'm starting revision in Jan. you'll be fine!
Reply 2
Original post by aliceaquaspirit
I'm in a similar position - but I'm starting revision in Jan. you'll be fine!

JAN - so youll waste christmas break
Original post by Sports10
am i too late in starting prep for gcse? as theres 22.5 weeks and 160 days until my first exam which is distressing

It’s never too late to start revising. Just go full power on your revision, this will really help you feel better. I wish you all the best in your future x
I'm doing a bit of light revision like physics equations and Spanish vocab, but nothing full-on
I just had mocks so did alot of revision already and I did pretty well
Reply 5
Original post by aliceaquaspirit
I'm doing a bit of light revision like physics equations and Spanish vocab, but nothing full-on
I just had mocks so did alot of revision already and I did pretty well

if i diont go full-on i wont start and i know that
Original post by Sports10

**** no you're not late. Instead of worrying about if you're late or not, start revising now. I did my GCSE's last year.

For 3/4 years of high school I worked fairly hard was in top sets for most stuff and teachers were happy with me. But when I got to YEar 10/11 I didnt revise cos I never had. I found it hard and I basically flopped. Gopt 4's rather than my expected 6's and 7's. I couldn't go to college and study Economics A Level, Business & Politics.

So no you're not late. Revise now and you'll do well.
Reply 7
Original post by STFU&Answer
**** no you're not late. Instead of worrying about if you're late or not, start revising now. I did my GCSE's last year.

For 3/4 years of high school I worked fairly hard was in top sets for most stuff and teachers were happy with me. But when I got to YEar 10/11 I didnt revise cos I never had. I found it hard and I basically flopped. Gopt 4's rather than my expected 6's and 7's. I couldn't go to college and study Economics A Level, Business & Politics.

good advice man
Original post by STFU&Answer

I now study BTEC Business & I.T. I realised after that A Levels aren't for me because I don't/won't revise. So in one way, I'm glad I did bad in GCSE's.

Final note, whislt GCSE's are important, I'd say if you wanna go Uni then A Levels are what you are judged upon the most.

Quick Reply

Latest