The Student Room Group

GCSEs stress

I’m going into year eleven and I’m stressing out. I want 6s and 7s to turn into 9s and it’s just not happening. Every night during the summer holidays has made me stressed and worried, to the point where I’ll screw myself over, sleeping at weird times and waking up so late. I can’t focus on revising, and I’m just freaking out. I feel like I’m running out of time, and I won’t be able to achieve what I want, but at the same time I’m such a bad procrastinator. I’m so scared for my GCSEs, everyone keeps saying they're not a big deal but they stress me out so much I don’t know what to do. I barely have a year left, what do i do :frown:
Original post by B_____
I’m going into year eleven and I’m stressing out. I want 6s and 7s to turn into 9s and it’s just not happening. Every night during the summer holidays has made me stressed and worried, to the point where I’ll screw myself over, sleeping at weird times and waking up so late. I can’t focus on revising, and I’m just freaking out. I feel like I’m running out of time, and I won’t be able to achieve what I want, but at the same time I’m such a bad procrastinator. I’m so scared for my GCSEs, everyone keeps saying they're not a big deal but they stress me out so much I don’t know what to do. I barely have a year left, what do i do :frown:

Hello there, I am a year 11 student who sat their exams this May/June 2023. I want to give you my advice and how to revise etc. I went from set 3 and 4 bottom set to set 2
- Here are some helpful websites for revising

senecalearning.com
Cognitoedu.og
Mathsgenie.co,uk
On youtube - Mr salles teaches English and Mr everything english

I had wrote a whole essay of advice but it somehow got deleted. so this is my shortened version hope it helps
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Relax. GSCE's really AREN'T that big of a deal, especially when you still have slightly less than an entire year. Getting 7s right now is a very strong indicator you have the potential to reach 9s, but remember that Grade 9 isn't a necessity and getting a 8 or even a 7 is still very very good.

Enjoy these years, you're only this age once. And if you don't get a 9? Don't stress it. Just breathe and remember it isn't a massive deal right now

Quick Reply

Latest