The Student Room Group

Guess the f1 team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
Leyton House march from 1989 driven by ivan Capelli (i recognise adrian neweys handiwork anyywhere) circuit im guessing suzuka.
Edit, it might be from 1990 upon further investigation

Damn, beat me to it!
Original post by Andrew97
Damn, beat me to it!

in fairness, I have been up since around 6:20ish :lol: (considering I have worked shifts that start at 6:30-7am, its nothing really, just means I go to bed around 1-2 hours early)
Can you guess this one.
Original post by TurkishMedic
Can you guess this one.

Heikki Kovalainnen, 2009 pre-season testing in Spain, using a hybrid 2008/2009 Mclaren car as they had development issues with their 2009 car thus were using a modified MP4-23 with 2009 wing and diffuser (and reduced aero appendages) to gain a better understanding

EDIT - only front wing 2009 spec, rear wing was 2008 spec
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Heikki Kovalainnen, 2009 pre-season testing in Spain, using a hybrid 2008/2009 Mclaren car as they had development issues with their 2009 car thus were using a modified MP4-23 with 2009 wing and diffuser (and reduced aero appendages) to gain a better understanding

Since you got the last one, it’s with you my friend.
Since you got the last one, it’s with you my friend.

your view on the the car?
Original post by quasa
your view on the the car?

I think it looks fairly decent tbh. Although shows what a mess McLaren were in at the start of that season.
I think it looks fairly decent tbh. Although shows what a mess McLaren were in at the start of that season.

agreed, I wasnt keen on the box RWs used between 2009-2016. Next wear's might look slight disproportionate a they ill be taller but the front wings should look better (based on renders I have seen). I am very curious to know why f1 is so hesitant about implementing sculpted (venturi tunnel) floors as all series have shown this improves racing (the irony is that the new gen FE car seems to have gone for less pronounced tunnels but a massive diffuser)
(edited 5 years ago)
speaking of diffusers, from what i understand, the diffusers should been spread out as much as possible, yet the pre-2009 cars had very weird shapes in the sense that the sides were slightly raised with only the central section being significantly raised. Im not an aerodynamicist but have an amateur interest in it
So the ball is now in Quasa’s court,

To keep things moving in this game I will set a limit of 120 hours from the confirmation of a correct guess until the next car needs to be posted.
So the ball is now in Quasa’s court,

To keep things moving in this game I will set a limit of 120 hours from the confirmation of a correct guess until the next car needs to be posted.

5 days is too long :lol:. to paraphrase the great speedster sonic the hedgehog, i'll be waiiiiteeeng (for those of you who are unfamiliar, in the early 90s the dude who played urkle also voiced sonic the hedgehog and his phrase then was I'm waiting...with a stretched emphasis on the waiting)
Original post by quasa
5 days is too long :lol:. to paraphrase the great speedster sonic the hedgehog, i'll be waiiiiteeeng (for those of you who are unfamiliar, in the early 90s the dude who played urkle also voiced sonic the hedgehog and his phrase then was I'm waiting...with a stretched emphasis on the waiting)

I’ll make it 3 then. 😛
CA540C0A-C1C0-42EA-8BF3-6CE9FAFBD34B.jpeg

Stefan Belloff, Tyrrell, 1984... Dallas?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Stefan Belloff, Tyrrell, 1984... Dallas?

You’re good. Correct
Next one:

1C85E4DD-3F5D-425B-BE0B-C0FC0E8C4CA0.jpeg
Next one:

1C85E4DD-3F5D-425B-BE0B-C0FC0E8C4CA0.jpeg

isnt there a 72 hour wait between posting pics ?

In any case, 1989 Onyx ORE-1, driven by Stefan Johansson. No idea about venue (im guessing Hungary or Mexico)
Original post by quasa
isnt there a 72 hour wait between posting pics ?

In any case, 1989 Onyx ORE-1, driven by Stefan Johansson. No idea about venue (im guessing Hungary or Mexico)

Hmm, I interpreted that as the next car needed to be posted within 72 hours of a correct guess, open floor after that, otherwise the thread just wouldn't move, happy to be corrected though.

And correct (it's Estoril).
Hmm, I interpreted that as the next car needed to be posted within 72 hours of a correct guess, open floor after that, otherwise the thread just wouldn't move, happy to be corrected though.

That is the correct interpretation.

So @quasa has until 10am U.K. time Monday 31st December to post the next one.

That is the correct interpretation.

So @quasa has until 10am U.K. time Monday 31st December to post the next one.

misinterpretation on my part :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest