Spoiler

Original post by Phildjm

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by Phildjm

Spoiler

Spoiler

who will win? white walkers and the undead or the rest of the humans?

ngl, I kind of think that there will be a massive plot twist where the white walkers and the undead will win lol

do you think the Lord of the Light might be able to win the battle for the humans?
Reply 26
Original post by 15nfulfsa
who will win? white walkers and the undead or the rest of the humans?

ngl, I kind of think that there will be a massive plot twist where the white walkers and the undead will win lol

do you think the Lord of the Light might be able to win the battle for the humans?

If the white walkers win.. the one positive is all stories and questions would pretty much be wrapped up :lol:
heh yeah, I'm only 14 and, ngl, I have no clue what's going on in the series, but I enjoy the deaths and the general messed up plot where the bad guys can win and lots of main characters can die, and I love the unpredictability

(and yeah, I know I shouldn't be watching it, but meh)
Original post by 8472
If the white walkers win.. the one positive is all stories and questions would pretty much be wrapped up :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Solid establishing episode. They sure as hell aren't wasting any time- the dead are already f*cking up the North, Sam got straight to the piint letting Jon know about his parents, and they didn't drag out the kidnapped Yara plot before Theon inevitably saved her like they could have done. Arya and Jon's reunion was great, six seasons of her becoming increasingly hardened and dangerous give way as he picks her up and swings her round like he did the last time he saw her. I just hope they don't push too much faux-conflict between the Stark siblings again this year, they're all sensible enough to know sh*t has hit the fan once they find out about the Karstarks being annihilated.

My one gripe was with Cersei giving in to Euron after rejecting him once, it was completely out of character. If she wanted to screw him then she could have done it outright, she fears nobody, didn't give a toss that people saw her in bed with Jaime last season and they're effectively promised to each other already, while if she didn't want to then she'd have told him to f*ck off and win her the war first knowing that there's no way he'd give up their deal just because he's not being allowed to bang her before the agreed upon date. But rolling over for him (pun intended) after already telling him no just makes her look weak, and that's the absolute last thing Cersei would ever allow herself to do.
A few less-obvious thoughts:

I really quite enjoyed the attention to detail, mostly the humour and wit that was put into the script throughout, from the beginning with Tyrion's joke about balls to towards the end with the joke about the blue eyes, but also the cleverness of timing and amount of easter eggs reminding us of past seasons. It showed how much effort they have put into making this final season exceptional.

With Sam's conversation with Dany and then his subsequent revelation to Jon and the way he pitted it against her, I'm interested to see how/if the subplot of Sam against Dany develops.

Another thing that caught my attention was Arya and Gendry's reunion; I may have been overanalysing, but it seemed a tad flirty, so wouldn't be surprised if they made some deal of giving Arya a romance subplot, seeing as she's at that kind of age where it would be normal. Then again, the trailer shows her, as per usual, battling it out, and the moment where she seems childishly spellbound, I don't think there's otherwise indication of in any way a change of character.
Original post by livjones8120
A few less-obvious thoughts:

I really quite enjoyed the attention to detail, mostly the humour and wit that was put into the script throughout, from the beginning with Tyrion's joke about balls to towards the end with the joke about the blue eyes, but also the cleverness of timing and amount of easter eggs reminding us of past seasons. It showed how much effort they have put into making this final season exceptional.

With Sam's conversation with Dany and then his subsequent revelation to Jon and the way he pitted it against her, I'm interested to see how/if the subplot of Sam against Dany develops.

Another thing that caught my attention was Arya and Gendry's reunion; I may have been overanalysing, but it seemed a tad flirty, so wouldn't be surprised if they made some deal of giving Arya a romance subplot, seeing as she's at that kind of age where it would be normal. Then again, the trailer shows her, as per usual, battling it out, and the moment where she seems childishly spellbound, I don't think there's otherwise indication of in any way a change of character.

i did think the conversation between arya and gendry was flirty also:yep: though it might have just been friendly!
i've been watching some analysis videos of the episode and a couple of them have also picked it up. one linked it to series one when arya is said to have the 'hands of a blacksmith' and interpreted it as foreshadowing how she will have the hand in marriage of a blacksmith. although i don't think there'd be enough time in the series for going all the way to marriage.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i did think the conversation between arya and gendry was flirty also:yep: though it might have just been friendly!
Reply 34
I think Cersei was pretty smart.
She's pregant with Jaime's kid (so we're told) and letting Euron in bed with her gives her evidence to play the kid off as Euron's.

Them trying to push the idea that Sansa is clever is very annoying. Especially considering Bran is the one who stopped her and Arya from killing each other.
Original post by Rk2k14

Them trying to push the idea that Sansa is clever is very annoying. Especially considering Bran is the one who stopped her and Arya from killing each other.

Made even worse by the fact that she keeps undermining/criticising Jon directly in front of his banner-men. Most of her intelligent moments seem to come at the expense of other characters who suddenly suffer a moment of stupidity in order to make her look good.
Reply 36
Better episode. Feel as if more progress has been made in the story.

Spoiler

do i still need to use spoiler tags?:ninja:

okay but brienne knighted made me so happy ahhh:h: still think there's something going on between her and jaime but we shall see:ninja:
very pleased with how the episode progressed, am looking forward to next week. tyrion had some really good lines as usual.

Original post by 8472
Better episode. Feel as if more progress has been made in the story.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by 8472

Spoiler

:coma::coma::coma::sexface:

Need I say more?
quite a few of my friends were disappointed with this episode, but i really loved it.

sure, it doesn't have all the fighting, amazing cgi scenes and all, but they really focused on raw emotions of all the characters, especially when Pod began to sing Jenny of Oldstones. that gave me shivers like legitt. when they're all sat around the fireplace, talking, drinking - that has got to be one of my favourite scenes in the whole show tbh, it's like they have been building up to this for 8 seasons.

but a bit disappointed with certain confrontations in this episode, like Jamie-Bran and Jon-Dany

Quick Reply

Latest