The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh involved in car accident

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rs5644
You don't normally get an apology after an accident.Mostly it's left to insurance companies.Shes the one going on national tv demanding an apology.Even though it was sheer luck she didn't kill him.Thats quite a bit more insensitive than not wearing a seatbelt FYI.To flip a range rover onto the other side of the road she must have been going very fast.Either way she is not exactly being the picture of decorum here.If I'd nearly killed a 97 year old man I wouldn't be going on national tv talking about it.It was probably only because it was a range rover which was doubtless reinforced that he wasn't killed.You are just making assumptions.How do you know she wasn't speeding?

For the palace to pass on their regards should tell you something as to who's to blame . For the fact that he said he had been blinded by the sun's rays as he pulled out ....for the fact that the police have said they were going to speak to him ...for the fact that he's 97 .....for the fact that hes too old ...far far too old ....for the fact that his wife was seen driving without a seat belt too . What lessons have either learned from this ? None it would seem ....could this be as a result of their failing health and fragility . ?
No one ...and I mean no one is above the law and age also should not matter . The fact that he's out again on his own is a major security issue for the palace and he's still making the same mistakes .
As regards to your remarks about decorum ...well I'd be ready to kill him with my bare hands if he'd pulled out in front of me . It's quite obvious who's to blame here and the police have already been in touch with him to offer "advice should tell you something along with the fact that it's common knowledge ." . Id like to offer him some more ....pack in the driving you really are too old .
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Johnny English
For the palace to pass on their regards should tell you something. For the fact that he said he had been blinded by the sun's rays as he pulled out ....for the fact that the police have said they were going to speak to him ...for the fact that he's 97 .....for the fact that hes too old ...far far too old ....for the fact that his wife was seen driving without a seat belt too . What lessons have either learned from this ? None it would seem ....could this be as a result of their failing health and fragility . ?
No one ...and I mean no one is above the law and age also should not matter . The fact that he's out again on his own is a major security issue for the palace and he's still making the same mistakes .
As regards to your remarks about decorum ...well I'd be ready to kill him with my bare hands if he'd pulled out in front of me . It's quite obvious who's to blame here and the police have already been in touch with him to offer "advice should tell you something along with the fact that it's common knowledge ." . Id like to offer him some more ....pack in the driving you really are too old .

Considering the queen doesn't even need a driving licence it would certainly seem she is above the law.She doesn't need a passport either and is basically immune to prosecution.How is that not being above the law?

The police are investigating.Everythingelse is just media speculation and exageration.The mail are known to engage in it frequently.The point is you don't know for sure he is responsible.Most likely he was but you are just assuming that due to his age.It could be entirely different though.She could have been speeding.She could have been texting.She could have been momentarily distracted by the baby.Maybe the sun was in her eyes.Maybe she was distracted by tiredness or maybe the roads were slippery.Maybe shes just a bad driver.You are making assumptions.Lots of young people are absolutely terrible drivers.And not all old people are bad drivers.
You need to do your research . The Queen has been photographed driving without wearing a seat belt and so has prince Phillip. That's not speculation ...that's fact .
The fact that either are going out on their own is insane ...never mind the fact that they're both in theIr 90s . The risk to themselves from a security standpoint alone
Is completely unacceptable .
I wouldn't get in any vehicle driven by anyone over 75 because their reactions are simply not good enough . I don't care what anyone else has to say ....that's my resolve .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending