The Student Room Group

Boarding House Prefect Application Letter Please Help :D

I have written one but I am not sure on the grammar or the sentence structures in general, or whether I sound too arrogant. Please help! (By the way some names are hidden for privacy reasons.)

Dear A,
I am writing to apply for the position of X House Prefect.
My interpretation of the role of the X Prefect is to assist with the running of the house. This includes day to day issues like making sure students are partaking in their duties or simply waking them up in the morning. It also consists of helping with major events like the X House Dinner.

Above all, I believe a prefect should be a role model to the rest of the house, as well as be able to help them with their problems, no matter how small.

Regarding myself, I have some experience of this already in my role as a student buddy, where I had to help pupils through the transition to year seven. These pupils will be coming into X next year and already trust me enough to approach me if they have any problems.

I have been in responsible positions before including a member of the school council at three different schools in five different years, a Prefect in Y House, and performing magic shows at children’s parties (age four-fifteen.) For all of the above good communication skills with other children have been essential and leadership skills mandatory.

I am a good public speaker, and I believe I would be able to represent the house in different situations with out too much difficulty. I have acquired these skills through involvement in a school production every year since the age of six, being a member of the school public speaking/debating team,as well as taking part in numerous assemblies.

I believe a Prefect also has to be well rounded, with abilities across the board. As well as being good on the academic side, I have an exemplary disciplinary record, a grade two qualification in piano, a bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award and a yellow belt in judo. I have also taken part in many inter-house competitions including house drama, house football and sports day.

The main reason I wish to become a X House Prefect is because the house and the school in general have done so much to help me, I wish to do something to help it in return. Thanks to this school I have been given numerous opportunities that I could not have been offered anywhere else, and I now wish to return the favour.

I would anticipate that the role of Prefect would also bring new challenges and responsibilities which I have not yet considered. I would look forward to the opportunities for personal development, which meeting these challenges would bring.

I would like to thank you for considering my application and I look forward to hearing from you on this matter.
Yours sincerely
Z
Reply 1
It sounds pretty good to me :smile:
It's sounds really cool 🆒🆒,and amazing 🤩🤩 to me👍👍🇳🇱🇳🇱vs🇦🇷🇦🇷,Ghana will win no matter what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending