The Student Room Group

Applying to imperial for Mechanical Engineering with AAAB

I wasn't really planning on applying to grades however, due to contextual means I have found out that if i do apply I am guaranteed an interview. Should i take the chance at trying to get in? My extracurriculars include things such as taking CAD courses, a silver in the UKMT senior math's challenge Duke of Edinburgh silver and assisting in a school car project.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by notserosh
I wasn't really planning on applying to grades however, due to contextual means I have found out that if i do apply I am guaranteed an interview. Should i take the chance at trying to get in? My extracurriculars include things such as taking CAD courses, a silver in the UKMT senior math's challenge Duke of Edinburgh silver and assisting in a school car project.

Yes (although you need to accept that your chances of an offer are not high).

If we look at their Undergraduate Admission Statistics spreadsheet we can see the following:
1. The "A Level, IB, Step Offers Made" tells us that the Department of Mechanical Engineering made no offers in the 2022 cycle which did not include an A* at A level.
2. However, "New Entrants' Achieved Grades tab shows that the Department of Mechanical Engineering did accept some students in the 2022 cycle who had achieved grades of AAAB. (Not many, hence the *, but it wasn't zero).

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. :smile:
Hi !
How did it go for you ?

Quick Reply

Latest