The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Government & Politics 6GP03 3rd/6th/13th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

What grades did everyone get for politics
Original post by anonymousamk
What grades did everyone get for politics

A*
Original post by Helena78866
A*

Jheeze congrats!
A*

Oh **** congrats
A*

Congrats!
Original post by JMR2019.
Congrats!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1866
I'm planning to take this fast-tracked in 2020, but I'm a mature student taking it outside of school. I won't have a tutor etc, I'll be self-teaching it fully independent of any school or college, I plan to use the specification, past papers and whatever else I can find. Can anyone recommend resources, or post useful material, if anyone has mock exam material, anything that you think would be useful for someone doing it independently. I'm quite worried, I feel like this is the sort of subject where I will need lectures and tutor support, but I won't have any of that.
Original post by rfg22
I'm planning to take this fast-tracked in 2020, but I'm a mature student taking it outside of school. I won't have a tutor etc, I'll be self-teaching it fully independent of any school or college, I plan to use the specification, past papers and whatever else I can find. Can anyone recommend resources, or post useful material, if anyone has mock exam material, anything that you think would be useful for someone doing it independently. I'm quite worried, I feel like this is the sort of subject where I will need lectures and tutor support, but I won't have any of that.

Ah, that sounds tough! PM me for essay plans and notes and I’ll try to get it to you over the next few days (currently in the process of moving house so no WiFi).
Reply 1868
Original post by nish2910
Ah, that sounds tough! PM me for essay plans and notes and I’ll try to get it to you over the next few days (currently in the process of moving house so no WiFi).

Thank you so much, that's incredibly appreciated. It's certainly scary but hopefully it all works out, fingers crossed. I wished I could find a tutor, but I can't find any in my local area who teach A-Level politics. I'm in Scotland, so most tutors here are geared towards Scottish qualifications as you'd probably expect.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by rfg22

Hi @rfg22, I found https://www.senecalearning.com/ to be very useful will explaining some topics.
Also, the political ideologies seemed to cause some problems in my class. I found the political ideas revision notes by Neil McNaughton very useful.
Reply 1870
Original post by Buspollaw
Hi @rfg22, I found https://www.senecalearning.com/ to be very useful will explaining some topics.
Also, the political ideologies seemed to cause some problems in my class. I found the political ideas revision notes by Neil McNaughton very useful.

Awesome, thank you so much for posting that :smile:
Original post by Princessjas121
Hi yes pleaseeee

can i have them please x
Reply 1872
Hope you guys are well. I have attached some resources to help those with exams as I have received a lot of messages requesting them. This is all I have on me as I, unfortunately, saved a lot of resources on my school email drive and well I'm in uni now so it got deleted. Nonetheless, ive shared what I have. It contains items that were sent into this thread too. Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped create these notes. Hope it helps and good luck guys. Submit reply
Original post by apk200
Hope you guys are well. I have attached some resources to help those with exams as I have received a lot of messages requesting them. This is all I have on me as I, unfortunately, saved a lot of resources on my school email drive and well I'm in uni now so it got deleted. Nonetheless, ive shared what I have. It contains items that were sent into this thread too. Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped create these notes. Hope it helps and good luck guys. Submit reply

Where have you shared these? x
Original post by nish2910

Could you send me these too please? x
what was in the politics paper 1 2019 paper?
Original post by blurryleo
UK politics- topics covered:
- Democracy and participation
- Political parties
- Electoral systems
- Voting behaviour and the media

Questions that could be asked
- Democracy and participation:
To what extent is the UK in a democratic crisis?
Analyse the impact of pressure groups on UK democracy
How well are people's rights protected in the UK?

- Political parties
To what extent are general elections lost by the government or won by the opposition?
To what extent should parties be funded by the state?
To what extent is the media the most influential factor on the sucess or failiure of a political party?

- Electoral systems
Any questions on whether FPTP should be reformed
Evaluate the extent to which the increased use of referendums would improve democracy in the UK?

- Voting behaviour and the media
To what extent does the media influence general elections?
To what extent do parties use the media to influence their chances in a general election?

DISCLAIMER: these are only questions that I think may come up in the paper based on the topics covered in the textbook, and these are questions off the top of my head. If you guys need a run down of how I may lay out any of these questions then just ask me and I will be happy to do so! Also the question style for AS and A-Level are ever so slightly different but these questions should broadly cover both. Feel free to add more to this list as well.

what was on paper 1 politics exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending