The Student Room Group

geography GCSE

how to revise geography, I want to do it for A levels I know all the content, but I can't seem to get more than a grade 4 when it comes to the written exams, I am dyslexic. I want to get a grade 7 in the real GCSE, so need help asap!!
Reply 1
Original post by maisiex10x
how to revise geography, I want to do it for A levels I know all the content, but I can't seem to get more than a grade 4 when it comes to the written exams, I am dyslexic. I want to get a grade 7 in the real GCSE, so need help asap!!

If you want to do Geography at A-Level you don't to do it at GCSE and even if you do, you don't have to pass it. I did GCSE Geography and failed but I was still allowed to do it at A-Level and I am currently predicted to get a B at A-Level. In terms of improving grades, do past paper questions, they are the best way to both test your knowledge and your writing skills. Then get your teacher to mark it and get them to give you feedback as to where you went wrong so you can build on it. And if you are struggling with the exams, make sure your coursework is best it possibly can so if you struggle in the exam, you've still got a good chance of getting a decent grade.
Reply 2
Original post by GTB321
If you want to do Geography at A-Level you don't to do it at GCSE and even if you do, you don't have to pass it. I did GCSE Geography and failed but I was still allowed to do it at A-Level and I am currently predicted to get a B at A-Level. In terms of improving grades, do past paper questions, they are the best way to both test your knowledge and your writing skills. Then get your teacher to mark it and get them to give you feedback as to where you went wrong so you can build on it. And if you are struggling with the exams, make sure your coursework is best it possibly can so if you struggle in the exam, you've still got a good chance of getting a decent grade.

thank you for this!! apparently, there is no coursework!! will do lots of past papers
if you're dyslexic, try making your notes more visually easier? i never made heavy notes and used lots of diagrams and flow charts to help me learn the information- you may like flashcards also. though my lifesaver was probably all the practice questions i did from my revision guide which i marked after, (myrevisionnotes was the brand i used, i really liked their layout and found it easier on the eyes compared to cgp), found them super useful as it helped to build up my exam technique and got a 9 in the end :smile: be as varied with your revision as you want it or need it be!

Original post by GTB321

there's no coursework for the new spec:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by entertainmyfaith
if you're dyslexic, try making your notes more visually easier? i never made heavy notes and used lots of diagrams and flow charts to help me learn the information- you may like flashcards also. though my lifesaver was probably all the practice questions i did from my revision guide which i marked after, (myrevisionnotes was the brand i used, i really liked their layout and found it easier on the eyes compared to cgp), found them super useful as it helped to build up my exam technique and got a 9 in the end :smile: be as varied with your revision as you want it or need it be!

there's no coursework for the new spec:smile:

WOW thats amazing!!! Thank you for all your tips/advice!
Original post by maisiex10x
WOW thats amazing!!! Thank you for all your tips/advice!

no worries, best of luck with the subject i'm sure you'll do well:smile: :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest