The Student Room Group

Is casio fx-991ex suitable for edexcel gcse maths?

???
yes its really good for Higher not so good for foundation because of its functions
Reply 2
Original post by liamlarner
yes its really good for Higher not so good for foundation because of its functions

Thank you is fx85-gtx any good for higher aswell?
Original post by YukioLukio
Thank you is fx85-gtx any good for higher aswell?

No it does not have functions you need like Equation mode for the quadratic formula and quadratic nth term this is more a calculator for foundation you can use it for higher but you might struggle with some of the questions
Reply 4
No it does not have functions you need like Equation mode for the quadratic formula and quadratic nth term this is more a calculator for foundation you can use it for higher but you might struggle with some of the questions

thank you very much
Reply 5

These functions are not required for GCSE maths. Maybe another calculator provides an advantage but it's incorrect to say that students will "struggle" without it.
Original post by YukioLukio
???

It is allowed but I would not recommend buying it unless you are planning to continue studying maths at A-level/Degree because it's so bloody expensive and not at all worth it for one use. Instead I recommend the FX 991ES PLUS which is cheaper and has more than enough functions for GCSE and it can solve quadratic/simultaneous/cubic equations and can also solve simple equations.

However neither of these calculators are required for GCSE and you can always get along fine with a good old 85gt (make sure it has a solar panel tho)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by thestudent33
It is allowed but I would not recommend buying it unless you are planning to continue studying maths at A-level/Degree because it's so bloody expensive and not at all worth it for one use. Instead I recommend the FX 991ES PLUS which is cheaper and has more than enough functions for GCSE and it can solve quadratic/simultaneous/cubic equations and can also solve simple equations.

However neither of these calculators are required for GCSE and you can always get along fine with a good old 85gt (make sure it has a solar panel tho)

thanks
I mean iI use it for alevel but it has the basics needed for gcses so I guess you can still use it.

Quick Reply

Latest